Do you guys think Disney will make a pirates of the Caribbean 5

Will they?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be a 'maybe' choice.
I voted yes, because I've heard pretty solid rumors of number 5. Disney wants to get as much money out of POTC as possible, so, they probably will.

Love all of the movies!! Can't wait!
Just google it, there's all kinds of indications that it's going to happen:

Because HitFix can now exclusively report that Disney has begun quietly telling cast and crew to set aside a major block of time in the very near future so they can shoot "Pirates 5" and "Pirates 6." And, yes, once again, they will be shooting them back-to-back as one giant film, and then they'll release them as two films.
It's a bold plan. Doing it once is risky, and that risk absolutely paid off for Disney in the long run. But "Pirates 4" is already the single highest greenlight budget of all time, and it must look like the only sound way to get another trilogy out of the franchise, shooting two films together. At this point, I don't think there's any doubt that Captain Jack Sparrow will be the defining role of Johnny Depp's career.

We know he's committed to "Dark Shadows" and "The Lone Ranger" for 2011, so that raises the question of when they'll shoot these sequels. A shoot like that could take the better part of a year, but the great part about shooting in Hawaii is that you can easily shoot right through the winter. It's December 2, and I'm sitting here in my hotel room in Waikiki with the balcony door open, and it's a lovely 70-something degrees. I have a feeling Disney will want to get Depp back in his "Pirates" duds as soon as he's done playing Tonto for them, but I can't swear to the schedule.

What is certain at this point is that there's a whole lot more Jack Sparrow in our future, and that Disney considers this one of their most important properties. I'm curious to see if they reach out to buy more material like the Tim Powers book that is the source material for "On Stranger Tides," or if they're going to try to get Rossio and Elliott to build the next two chapters of the franchise from scratch.

POTC is a money making machine. And they will have to continue because the last movie was not the last movie. When they make the last movie they will announce it. Also there has not been a proper ending yet to the story with Jack and Barbossa.

POTC is a money making machine. And they will have to continue because the last movie was not the last movie. When they make the last movie they will announce it. Also there has not been a proper ending yet to the story with Jack and Barbossa.
:confused: the last movie was not the last movie

Of course they will. Just hope that it doesn't end up like Star Wars after what George did to it. :mad: Really? Dancing in Star Wars Kinect?

Of course they will. Just hope that it doesn't end up like Star Wars after what George did to it. :mad: Really? Dancing in Star Wars Kinect?
Star Wars is the best thing thing ever happened to me. you my friend are unamerican. Good day to you SIR. HUFF. :(
Star Wars is the best thing thing ever happened to me. you my friend are unamerican. Good day to you SIR. HUFF. :(
I am joking of course

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE:Coming Soon has learned from Disney that while Pirates of the Caribbean 5 is in development, the original report from Caribbean Business PR is "not accurate." The original post is below.

It looks like it won't be very long until we get another Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Reports have surfaced saying that Disney Pictures is now planning to film the fifth installment in the franchise in Puerto Rico - instead of where they normally shoot, in Hawaii - and that production is looking to gear up in November.

The news comes from Caribbean Business PR (via The Film Stage) which says that the studio chose Puerto Rico as the new location for filming due to the country's "aggressive incentives" that they have been using to try and bring Hollywood to the island nation. The fifth Pirates of the Caribbeanmovie, which doesn't have a title yet, will be the biggest production held in the country. Parts of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides were filmed there, but almost all of the franchise has been shot on the islands of Hawaii.

As you probably could have guessed, Johnny Depp will be coming back as Captain Jack Sparrow, and while no director has been hired yet Terry Rossio has been working on a script. In 2011, around the time On Stranger Tides was released, Depp said that he would be game for a fifth movie, but hoped that the studio would take its time with the franchise and make it "special."
:skullpeak::fight:

I have feeling they would make a potc 5. It would probably need a lot of new actors though as well as some old faces. If I were Disney I would name it something like idk Dead Men Tell No Tales. Everyone would probably be really excited for it. They should really make something more similar to the first movie like idk Ghost Pirates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back