Do you know a foreign language?

Do you know a foreign language?

• Total voters

Bobby Flat Foot

Pirate Lord
Thought it would be cool to see if anyone a foreign language. I went to Half Price Books today and saw the language section and I was like, "Hmm, I wanna learn a new language!" Anyone have any suggestions on what language I should/might learn?

Thought it would be cool to see if anyone a foreign language. I went to Half Price Books today and saw the language section and I was like, "Hmm, I wanna learn a new language!" Anyone have any suggestions on what language I should/might learn?

spanish if you lived were i used to live

I took Spanish in HS. (that was a while back :D) I can still read it, but that is aobut it.

Its easier to learn than French, from what I hear, but either would be a good first choice. With the way this world is going though, you should learn Chinese and or Japanese also.

I was just thinking about this when got to the forums. I play another online game and it has a lot of European players. Some of them dont speak English or they choose not to in order to throw off us English speaking players. I'm needing someone who can speak Romanian. I think someone was trying to insult me in the other game, but google translate isnt working so well for me. I cant figure out what they are saying, just parts of it.

I'm bilingual fluently, and I know another mother language that only very few know. I took Deutsch when I was at high school (and almost went to school there), but "Ich liebe dich" is probably the only thing I could remember now ... ;)

One of those things I want to do before I die is mastering another language (yes, Deutsch of course).
Bobby, if you are in the US, Spanish is probably your best bet, since there are a lot of Spanish speaking ppl here. US have a lot of economy trade with spanish-speaking countries too (a lot of jobs require Spanish-English bilingual ability). But of course any other language that our country has business interests with is good and not to waste to learn.

French would be a fun language, but is extremely hard which all the weird sounds you have to learn for certain letters. Spanish is extremely common, but it differs in where you live. As for me, living in the South where the French were means that in high school and middle school I had to learn French. As for me, I had chosen to learn Yiddish, Swedish, German, Irish and Arabic.
Also, Google Translate will fail you.... It said "Bonjour" meant computer. Bonjour- computer. Really, Google? Really?
Leraning languages took up 5 years of my life, but it is fun to be able to help people communicate.

I know a little spanish, like colors, numbers, house objects, school objects, phrases... Its what I learned in school... But I do google translate stuff to see what it is.

I know a little spanish, like colors, numbers, house objects, school objects, phrases... Its what I learned in school... But I do google translate stuff to see what it is.

Lol I do that to sometimes I say I can speak a random language like German or Indian then I just go online to translate it and make it seem like I speak it fluently.

French would be a fun language, but is extremely hard which all the weird sounds you have to learn for certain letters. Spanish is extremely common, but it differs in where you live. As for me, living in the South where the French were means that in high school and middle school I had to learn French. As for me, I had chosen to learn Yiddish, Swedish, German, Irish and Arabic.
Also, Google Translate will fail you.... It said "Bonjour" meant computer. Bonjour- computer. Really, Google? Really?
Leraning languages took up 5 years of my life, but it is fun to be able to help people communicate.
I put in Bonjour and it said it means hello?

Chinese, they're gonna take over the world O_O
America at least, they own a TON of our debt (which totals out at 14.3 trillion as i write this)

I think Spanish is probably the most widely used over here, there are simply tons of things you could do with spanish... and whoever said that Chinese was a great language to learn, they're probably also correct. I'm not the 'most linguistic' person, I only speak English, Spanish, and some dialects deriving from Tagalog.

Czesc, dzien dobry!

Hello, good morning! :p

Yep. 2 weeks of a Polish program thingy and that is all I remember from it.... >_>

I would suggest Spanish.... Most of U.S. knows it, except me... yet <_< :D

Sprachen lernen macht Spaß .... Es hilft beim Abheben an fremden Ländern und Menschen überraschend durch Gespräche in seltsamen Sprachen ROFL. Ein Problem ist, merken sie alle, und machen Sie eine Liste der Wörter ist zeitaufwendig und kann Wochen dauern. Es ist auch schwer, bestimmte Klänge und Aussprachen erinnern! Ich liebe Walking bis zu zufälligen Menschen auf dem Spiel starten und in verschiedenen Sprachen sprechen .... ihre Reaktionen sind unbezahlbar :p

I bet you don't know what that paragraph meant... LOL It's German... Didn't use a bit of Google Translate! Took German for two years using Rosetta Stone and a few German teachers.

Back