PvP Does anyone do PvP???

Do you do PvP?

• Yes

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • No

Votes: 13 43.3%

• Total voters
I don't like it because everyone I've played against just uses a sword that somehow hits you from 50 feet away while they jump around like a madman. Call me sore but I think it's ridiculous that swords can hit from farther than their actual reach.

There is PVP, as Nate above has described. There is a "meta" called jumping and allows a twinge of skill to PVP to make it fresh for some of the older players. The concept is basically to use your knife's abilities to hit the target, then switch to a sword and keep your mouse on the target. If you do this right, you should be able to hit "50 feet away". Even though it seems simple enough it's hard to master and there are better people than others at this meta. @TheUndeadCaptain

What the happened to PvP?! I come on one day with my meta fighting style and I find out that my swords don't even hit targets right in front of them! Who converted PvP to ranged-only???? Whoever that person was, they probably just sucked at traditional PvP and decided that if they were bad then no one should be allowed to do it. PvP was my driving force in the game. I level up to loot, I loot to get weapons, I get weapons to fight in PvP. Now I have to use a stupid gun or some thing else to even hit the target right in front of me! Revert PvP to the way it was, this new stuff ruins it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like it because everyone I've played against just uses a sword that somehow hits you from 50 feet away while they jump around like a madman. Call me sore but I think it's ridiculous that swords can hit from farther than their actual reach.
If your being hit from a distance then they using a glitch in said match yet they would simply say its lag (very doubtful in my opinion)..

Yeah, that always got on my nerves when I played a match.

What the happened to PvP?! I come on one day with my meta fighting style and I find out that my swords don't even hit targets right in front of them! Who converted PvP to ranged-only???? Whoever that person was, they probably just sucked at traditional PvP and decided that if they were bad then no one should be allowed to do it. PvP was my driving force in the game. I level up to loot, I loot to get weapons, I get weapons to fight in PvP. Now I have to use a stupid gun or some thing else to even hit the target right in front of me! Revert PvP to the way it was, this new stuff ruins it!
Yea, doing a exploit where you can jump around and 'shoot' players with a sword from 50 feet away is like so realistic and fair, ya know?
How dare they take that hard worked meta style away from pirates!! It isn't right.

If your being hit from a distance then they using a glitch in said match yet they would simply say its lag (very doubtful in my opinion)..
Some time ago I wondered into pvp with some stranger and they were killing me from out of sight and behind big rocks. All I saw was them in the air the whole time. Yes, I had a wonderful time and it was extremely fun to do. It was too much fun and I couldn't stand to go back.

Yea, doing a exploit where you can jump around and 'shoot' players with a sword from 50 feet away is like so realistic and fair, ya know?
How dare they take that hard worked meta style away from pirates!! It isn't right.
I don’t PVP. Never have. Don’t mean to alarm you here @squintz but you just made like a gazillion enemies now by saying the ^ above, lol.

I hope not. ;)

I don’t PVP. Never have. Don’t mean to alarm you here @squintz but you just made like a gazillion enemies now by saying the ^ above, lol.

I hope not. ;)
Yes, well, too bad they'll never see me in PVP to do anything about it.

Stepped into a decent group grinding Pal last night on the full server and got the levi on the second skull in less than 15 minutes. Said 'levi, seeya' and moved out of the group but stopped and talked to some guildmates about what I found and I'm sure no one at pal believed me or knew what I meant. lol Can one use legendary in PVP? I don't even know.

Back