Does This Game make you feel like a pirate?

Tom O'fury

Notorious Pirate
I think Pirates Online has lost a lot of its authentic parts. I mean when your walking down Port Royal you don’t see a busy town all the time just on occasion. I see empty streets and quest givers. I think they should maybe put a few extra NPC in there that are walking around with crates and carrying out their lives like they would in the 1700s. Adding the people to the Islands could make it seem more diverse. I mean all of our islands. They have generally the same kind of people. They all look like Pirates. Not everyone in the movie was a pirate. I mean even the people giving out our quests all except maybe Elizabeth Swann don’t look anything like they should have. I don’t see any finely dressed Englishmen on Port Royal, I don’t see Guards watching over the city. They hide in the fort. Back in the Old Port Royal they did have guards walking around the streets marching up and down. It was more authentic back then.
I think our biggest competitor for this game is Pirates Of The Burning Sea. This game is not really for kids with its in-depth strategies and game-play. That game though is more authentic. Their main Pirate Port is filled with NPC and their islands are diverse. I don’t think that a Pirate/Swashbuckling Town would look pretty much the same as the big time Navy Port. In our game it does. I think a way to improve the overall experience for many without having to add new islands and this and that. Would be making our islands feel more real and diversed.
Our wild islands all look pretty much the same too. Filled with undead and a jungle. More diverse Jungles that don’t look like they were copied and pasted would be pretty nice too. I mean this would improve the game ALOT it would make it feel more like a pirate and less like a game. Feel free to add on or tell me I’m insane but thanks for reading. Don’t get me wrong I love playing Pirates Online. I’d just like it to make me feel more like a pirate.

I would love that!! But I guess they should be working on bigger things then just NPCs and re-designing jungles... But this all could be stuff look for in the future...

Here is an idea. Add NPCs that walk around on each island, like you said doing normal every day stuff, but with a twist. We need more quests. WoW has daily and holiday quests. If these new NPCs that are town folk, etc., walk around and have daily quests, it would be even more like real life. Think about it. Old Man Thompson (lol had to come up with a name) is waiting for the return of his grandaughter, but there was word that the ship went down and he is despearate for someone to find her. Being nearly blind from cataracts, he can no longer sail his beloved sea, so he hires us pirates to do the job for him. Daily quests could have random locations too. We'd get a message to, "Be sure to pick up your Daily Quest. Look for the town folk or merchant with the ___ logo above their head." Rewards could vary. Gold, trinkets, tattoos, new hair style/color, etc, and would depend on who gave the daily quest.

Here is an idea. Add NPCs that walk around on each island, like you said doing normal every day stuff, but with a twist. We need more quests. WoW has daily and holiday quests. If these new NPCs that are town folk, etc., walk around and have daily quests, it would be even more like real life. Think about it. Old Man Thompson (lol had to come up with a name) is waiting for the return of his grandaughter, but there was word that the ship went down and he is despearate for someone to find her. Being nearly blind from cataracts, he can no longer sail his beloved sea, so he hires us pirates to do the job for him. Daily quests could have random locations too. We'd get a message to, "Be sure to pick up your Daily Quest. Look for the town folk or merchant with the ___ logo above their head." Rewards could vary. Gold, trinkets, tattoos, new hair style/color, etc, and would depend on who gave the daily quest.
Very good idea!! But think of the time and planning it would take to develop this. They couldn't just pop it into the game tomorrow, it would take months of designing and developing... Plus coming up with new quests constantly for a daily quest. If you suggest this I would hope they do it though!

Well I tried downloading POTBS, but could not get far. And yes it does look more realistic then POTCO. Another thing to add to the islands is the flag ship battle music. Which is the POTC theme. Its more excitong. Ever since thes changes people have been angry which leads to rude people. Back in "our time" everyone was nice. Port Royal was a fun place to hide and meet the Navy in the town. Since they tooken away all this, the game has gotten dull. Disney screwed it up. It was perfect like it was. I would like the updates to come in, but nothing changed in the "golden times".

Well I tried downloading POTBS, but could not get far. And yes it does look more realistic then POTCO. Another thing to add to the islands is the flag ship battle music. Which is the POTC theme. Its more excitong. Ever since thes changes people have been angry which leads to rude people. Back in "our time" everyone was nice. Port Royal was a fun place to hide and meet the Navy in the town. Since they tooken away all this, the game has gotten dull. Disney screwed it up. It was perfect like it was. I would like the updates to come in, but nothing changed in the "golden times".
They had to strip the game of many features and make new islands because they got some many complaints of the game being slow. I personally liked the old things but in order to please everyone and get more business Disney changed the islands and took away features...

Yes i think potco would be perfec if thy bring old island back and their glitches and thr caves too

Good idea but as a reward not something like a potion -_- they should give us depending on difficulty a skull chest with random stuff!! that would be cool!!

Yes i do play POTBS and it has much better graphics than POTCO, such as much more ships and weapons. You can not only be a Pirates but also Spanish, British and French. I play POTBS every day, u can find me on British team as Edie Fireshot - Have a nice day :p

I think Disney should stop running a game fit for computers in the 90s. i mean its about time for an update. I have an old laptop that i rarely use that can play potco but can't play the farmville game on facebook. I mean move towards the future... i have no problems with lag at all. Not in Andaba SvS not during host GM events and i'm on a newer laptop.

Reactions: LEO
I did not find a problem in lag in the "golden days".
People complained so Disney listened. The old islands were packed pretty tight. In Ideal servers I remembered Port Royal there use to be so many people. They also had the Fullscreen 7 Day trial then, and also the Launcher if you were basic had "Ads" along the side and was smaller. I did not have a problem, but I guess others did.

Well its sounds like its a basic problem. I did care much about the tight space. I think it was fine. If they would have expanded the island to move around more that could have been a better choice.

Well its sounds like its a basic problem. I did care much about the tight space. I think it was fine. If they would have expanded the island to move around more that could have been a better choice.
Well there not gonna change it back anytime soon, or at all. They already spent the money and time to make new islands. If they ever did change them back everyone would have re-download them. It would be a big hassle. I'm sure it would make plenty of people happy though (Including me :))

This game does need more features, but, Disney would have to put alot of time/money/effort into it, and they may not have the resources to do it. Disney probably knows they need to step up their game, but they can't do it now, or maybe their boss just won't let them.

Back