Does your level affect loot?

GeckoFPS

Honorable Pirate
I'm asking because I'm only level 18 but does that matter? Is it still possible to obtain brights and famed weapons at my level? Or does one have to be a specific level and up in order to get rare loot?

The loot system is exactly like POTCO's loot system. It was a mystery as to what level you could start getting brights and famed at. Most people, including myself, believe that the starting level for looting brights and famed is at level 20. All most there :)! In early beta, there was a glitch that players could get brights and famed if they were sailing with a person over lvl 20 but that has since been fixed.

Good luck and keep grinding!

Muahahaha. Secrets of loot make it more fun. :)

Christopher

The loot system is exactly like POTCO's loot system. It was a mystery as to what level you could start getting brights and famed at. Most people, including myself, believe that the starting level for looting brights and famed is at level 20. All most there :)! In early beta, there was a glitch that players could get brights and famed if they were sailing with a person over lvl 20 but that has since been fixed.

Good luck and keep grinding!
In potco, got my first famed weapon, the masterwork cutlass at level 12.

I got my masterwork cutlass and my masterwork broadsword well before level 20, as well as silver freeze and several other famed daggers and most of my brights.
Now I get Swabbie cutlass, snaplocks and the usual voodoo dolls no one uses...

Here's an example of what level does for loot.
Note there are several Loot Skull Chests, Loot Chests and the like.
Also note nothing worth taking...

screenshot_2017-02-16_20-28-06.jpg

Yes, that's a Sea Dog's Dagger, worth 13 gold, in a loot skull...

How many Famed do u have? Because Im a lvl 29 and I only have 2. Is that not normal?
LOL, I have no clue what's normal, but I got all my famed but one when I was level 30 and below, and couldn't use most of them until I skilled up. My brother who rarely plays this game gets a famed, a legendary and pretty much the rest rare with every loot drop it seems!

OK, so I gotta take some quarrel with the loot back, since I did get 2 "real" skulls today,
Both had the same cutlass, oddly enough.
Here's one of them,
screenshot_2017-02-17_01-54-01.jpg

I got my first Famed (Bejeweled Cutlass) at 15 on Tlopo. I was already high level in POTCO when weapons came out so Idek then.

My theory on this is when you finish the Raven's Cove Story quest after getting your first famed, the loot gets better as you go. Also I personally think that you start getting better loot around lvl 30.

I'm level 35, but none of my skills are higher than 21. I've gotten one famed - it was a set of throwing knives I got off some mercenaries in the catacombs. The knives were level 24, and I was using sword which at the time was level 19 and I was level 32. But I've gotten famed stuff at half that level - in POTCO, I was stuck at level 16 due to having basic access, and while I know for sure I at least had the bejeweled cutlass, I'm pretty sure I had more than that too.

I always thought that the higher the level you are in a weapon the more likely you are to find a famed or legend of that same weapon type. At level 27 ish I found a famed pistol.

So much of what you find is random, but of course you can crank up the Treasure Sense on your sailing skill which can increase the take on booty found while plundering.

Honestly I really dont think it does, it just feels like it does.

The higher level you are the quicker and more efficiently you will be able to kill enemies. Also the fact that you will be fighting higher level enemies.

Back