Dolly doesn't heal right

Came upon this today and discovered while having someone heal me with their dolly while I worked red levels, that crewmate stopped receiving rep after the first enemy killed. I continued to receive rep each and every time while using my weapons... But while I was attuned by his pirate, he did not continue to receive rep after the first enemy.

We logged in and out several times to prove this to be true. We switched roles to confirm it as well. So unless your using dolly to kill enemies, it's currently not allowing you to receive rep consistently when helping others.

I've had the same issue as well, in addition to not being able to collect the loot when my crewmate / friend kills the enemy. I'm not sure if that's because I was just healing or because they opened took the loot too quickly and glitched it, but healing seems to be rather fruitless right now unless you're just helping a pal out.
Also, unattuning and reattuning didn't help (for me.)

I've also had the same issue. No matter how long or how many times I heal, I do not receive any rep after the first kill. Collecting loot doesn't work either, unless you took a shot at the enemy as well.

Back at it today and can confirm, regardless of switching weapons, attuning on/off, getting on/off ship, etc. A pirate that is healing another pirate only gets rep ONCE while he's logged in... and will not get any more rep for healing until the game crashes or he logs off. Not sure why, but hopefully this will be fixed with an update soon, because no one wants to help you level up your weapons if they're not getting anything out of it.

A few weeks have gone by, and a couple updates have passed, and I'm surprised this hasn't got greater attention. The Doll will only heal someone during ONE ATTACK ONLY. Any continual healing you do to that same pirate on any future enemies IS NOT REGISTERING. I like to help other pirates, whether in my guild or friends, etc. I attune one or more friends and heal them while they fight enemies. I may be chatting while I'm doing this or doing work at my desk... regardless... I am not getting ANY REP for doing this except on their first enemy. What's the incentive to help others? This is an important way for pirates to help others, show comradeship, be gracious, and most importantly BE REWARDED for that positive behavior. Please make this a priority! THANK YOU for this but in everything you all do!

Um, not really sure what that comment has to do with the issue of the dolly. I understand that healing rep is only possible if the pirates NEED healing because they're hurt via damage.

What I'm saying is this: I am in a crew of three, and I've got my doll out and attuned to the other two crew members. They are battling. As they accrue damage, I'm healing them via my doll. Enemy dies. I get rep for healing the pirates. They get rep for killing the enemy. NEXT enemy shows up. Same scenario. I heal them as they take damage, they kill the enemy. They get rep for killing enemy. I get NO rep for healing these damaged crewmates. EVER again. Even changing weapons. Only if I log, rejoin crew, attune them both, will I get rep... BUT ONLY ONE TIME. And then no matter how much I continue as a crewmate to heal these hard working pirates receiving damage by killing enemies, I get NO REP.

See the problem?

One of the reasons I'm especially aware of this situation, is that I always master the dolly WAY before other weapons, because I help others, not by taking weapon rep away from them but getting my OWN rep by healing these crewmates. I think its vital as the game is growing, that the temperament of pirates is of a goodwill nature. I see too many selfish, rude, and quite frankly ignorant players taking others loot, rep, play area, etc. Having the doll work properly, aiding other pirates in need, and being rewarded for it grows altruism within the community.

I understand you want to heal but if you're correct then you can't, just report the bug and the devs will get to it. They've got a lot of bigger things to fix RN so I doubt this is something they're all to worried about BC not alot of people heal anyways.

Not sure I'm following here. This is a thread titled Bugs and Glitches and Elizabeth is noting such. May not be a huge deal in the overall scheme of things, but it is an issue. Perhaps the Megathread is the better location?

When I can be bothered to play with other humans (which is seldom), I usually choose the healer role as well, so this is good information as far as I can tell.

Wow... So, what you're telling me, if I read both your posts correctly, is the doll
I understand you want to heal but if you're correct then you can't, just report the bug and the devs will get to it. They've got a lot of bigger things to fix RN so I doubt this is something they're all to worried about BC not alot of people heal anyways.

Not sure what year you started playing this game, Mr. Plankwalker, but healing WAS and SHOULD BE an important part of Pirate Life on TLOPO. Perhaps the reason your response is so dismissive not just to me but to other helpers in this community is because you are part of the looter, grab while you can, and who cares about others around me attitude I see so prevalent today. The doll was designed as a weapon and as a healer. As an Original Founder, a pirate of honor and integrity, and someone who wants the original purposes of weapons to be returned, I find your remark offensive, dismissive, and indicative of the reason many pirates left the game in the first place.

Wow... So, what you're telling me, if I read both your posts correctly, is the doll

Not sure what year you started playing this game, Mr. Plankwalker, but healing WAS and SHOULD BE an important part of Pirate Life on TLOPO. Perhaps the reason your response is so dismissive not just to me but to other helpers in this community is because you are part of the looter, grab while you can, and who cares about others around me attitude I see so prevalent today. The doll was designed as a weapon and as a healer. As an Original Founder, a pirate of honor and integrity, and someone who wants the original purposes of weapons to be returned, I find your remark offensive, dismissive, and indicative of the reason many pirates left the game in the first place.

Well said.

MarkPlankwalker's getting a lot of hate here, and I don't understand it. He's right - while we have the crashy issues and the bad lag issues, A specific use of a specific weapon is just not a priority. He said nothing derogatory about healing.

This is beta, stuff is buggy. You are here to help them work those bugs out, not get a fully functioning game. Report the bug, lose the hate, move on.

Hitting me with the paragraphs for saying this probably isn't a dev priority? I don't understand why you're so angry. Slander and hate isn't going to help you all too much.

I think you forgot this part

Last edited:
Why the hard feelings people? I don't get it.

The way I see it, what @MarkPlankwalker meant by his post is that the game is in a state where the developers need to take care of some other issues before they're able to revamp/fix the doll issue. I don't know about you, but there are still people out there that cannot even launch the game properly. Let alone the crashes and the server stuttering while fighting enemies and whatsoever. I believe that most of you would agree on the fact that a game that's being worked on is better than a game with lags and crashes.

Your feedback will always be invaluable to developers, just remember that some things are preceded by some others. Everything will be there in time.

No hard feelings please. You're all entitled to your opinions! Thank you! :)

To your last point, if I were playing TLOPO I would (along with sailing/SVS/privateering). In fact, when I played POTCO I mostly multi-tasked by chatting to a lot of my friends while purposefully "healing" others.
...May not be a huge deal in the overall scheme of things, but it is an issue.
What she says ^...
Why the hard feelings people? I don't get it...
Because an "aspect" of game-play is being minimized. Doesn't matter what it is or how others feel about it; pirates apparently "enjoy" it and so if I were to tell a PVP pirate or role-playing pirate on a thread that such aspect of game-play doesn't matter...yep, there would be a lot of hard-feelings expressed (and the potential for some back-n-forth 'smack-down')!

One thing I've learned from stating things publicly online; the need for tact in defending something. Reasoning being, so many people can take the most innocent of something written and feel insulted/threatened by it.

Look, I apparently offended people here with my defending the position of the necessity of fixing the doll, and for that I truly apologize. As Shamus mentioned above, I focused on Mr. Plankwalker dismissing my issue simply because he personally doesn't believe people actually use the doll's skills.

I know there a large pool of things development is working on and I know there are priorities.

I did not bury this issue inside the mega thread because what's going on with the doll is neither a "glitch" or a "bug".

The doll has skills. Two of which don't work. That is ultimately the point of this discussion. If healing was a low priority for doll use, the original developers would not have created TWO skills for it. What we have is a weapon for all sakes and purposes that is "broken".

Until Mark and Shamus posted above, my article did not receive a comment from current development workers that this was noticed. And I surely appreciate the fact, despite hurt feelings, that members of the development team are now aware of it.

Here's an interesting question to pose:
I wonder if this thread would have gone differently had the skill been a throw that didn't work with a dagger, or the long volley that didn't work on the grenade, or the slash that didn't work with the sword.

Look, I apparently offended people here with my defending the position of the necessity of fixing the doll, and for that I truly apologize. As Shamus mentioned above, I focused on Mr. Plankwalker dismissing my issue simply because he personally doesn't believe people actually use the doll's skills.

I know there a large pool of things development is working on and I know there are priorities.

I did not bury this issue inside the mega thread because what's going on with the doll is neither a "glitch" or a "bug".

The doll has skills. Two of which don't work. That is ultimately the point of this discussion. If healing was a low priority for doll use, the original developers would not have created TWO skills for it. What we have is a weapon for all sakes and purposes that is "broken".

Until Mark and Shamus posted above, my article did not receive a comment from current development workers that this was noticed. And I surely appreciate the fact, despite hurt feelings, that members of the development team are now aware of it.

Here's an interesting question to pose:
I wonder if this thread would have gone differently had the skill been a throw that didn't work with a dagger, or the long volley that didn't work on the grenade, or the slash that didn't work with the sword.
Funny you mentioned dagger throws, lol cuz my actually don't have correct timing

Back