Glitch  Downloading Desktop Launcher

Lol, not as frustrating as the lag on Online Launcher.

If anything, I should be thanking you. I didn't expect anyone to go this in-depth with me. :D

My Launcher is still in the 'Downloading new Launcher' stage, and it seems to be restarting, creating a new log and erasing all progress. I don't think that I'm going to get any farther than that couple of lines that I gave before, sorry Davy.

Thanks for the link, Kate.

Ah alrighty. What link were you using before?

The links on my profile or posted by me on the forums are the same as the ones on the blog. If you downloaded them a while ago they might be out of date. If you continue to experience an update loop, let me know.

I'm just wondering, is it normal for the download to reset if you've clicked a different window and then back to it? If not, I think I'm in a loop again.

Every other time. Otherwise, it goes through the 3 stages and quits (without doing anything, clicking on the icon takes me back to downloading), or it gives me the 'anti-PiratesOnline' thing.

On the decompressed zip, it finished through the 'decompressing new launcher' stage then quit; I'm not sure what it did, but when I try to click on the launcher again, it goes back to downloading.

What it sounds to me is that maybe an AVP or firewall is causing issues with the launcher. Like it is stopping it from downloading. I use PC, so forgive me because I have no idea how a Mac works. Do you have a screen saver that starts up or does the computer go into sleep mode after a period of time? I know that I've had issues with this in the past while downloading or running an update/virus scan before. My screen saver would interrupt and I would have to start again. I eventually stopped using a screen save all together. If you do have a screen saver, turn it off and see if that helps.

um is it just my launcher or is anyone else unable to get onto pirates using theirs

I was able to log in with my launcher just now with no problems.

Kate Goldwalker said:
My screen saver would interrupt and I would have to start again. I eventually stopped using a screen save all together. If you do have a screen saver, turn it off and see if that helps.
Yeah, it did upset the downloading, so I disabled it before starting.

Otherwise, I'll check proxies and my firewall, but I don't remember changing anything. I hope one of my programs didn't change disk permissions.

Sorry for double post.

The ZIP file finished downloading, and here's what I got in the contents folder:
Screen shot 2011-05-27 at 10.55.51 PM.png
It made another 'PiratesOnline' file, except this one said that it was either 'incomplete or damaged.' This must have been what was happening when the downloading finished before but it seemed like nothing happened.

Actually, that file should appear like that purposely. That is the actual game, which hasn't been downloaded yet by the launcher (which is why the damaged).

I'll admit I'm pretty stooped as to why your launcher is looping updating itself. It should be at the latest version and ready to begin downloading the actual game. Hmm.

Lol, you've gotten a lot farther than I have so far. I honestly have no clue either.
Should I try to call Tech Support on Monday? They might have a few new ideas.

Back