Glitch  Downloading Desktop Launcher

It's worth a shot I guess, though they're likely to tell you to just play via the browser as Disney phases out the launcher. I will keep thinking though and let you know if I something comes to mind.

Ahh yeah, I forgot about that. Thanks a lot for trying :D I'll try to speed my internet up by working with my Modem this time.

Ok, I'm sure you thought of this, but I'm needing to know for myself. When you deleted the launcher to try downloading it again, did you make sure that all of it was gone? Like I said, IDK how a Mac works. However, I do know that if there is any trace of a previous install of a program, it will cause issues when trying to install a newer version or reinstalling.

Another question. Have you ever downloaded the launcher in the past? Reason I ask is because there is a two step process of installing the game. As there should be. First the launcher will be downloaded, then once that is installed and you log into Pirates through the launcher, all the info will begin loading. Everything form the Rumbleshack to every island in the Caribbean. Are you even able to type in your log in info and at least try to log in?

Kate Goldwalker said:
Ok, I'm sure you thought of this, but I'm needing to know for myself. When you deleted the launcher to try downloading it again, did you make sure that all of it was gone? Like I said, IDK how a Mac works. However, I do know that if there is any trace of a previous install of a program, it will cause issues when trying to install a newer version or reinstalling.

Another question. Have you ever downloaded the launcher in the past? Reason I ask is because there is a two step process of installing the game. As there should be. First the launcher will be downloaded, then once that is installed and you log into Pirates through the launcher, all the info will begin loading. Everything form the Rumbleshack to every island in the Caribbean. Are you even able to type in your log in info and at least try to log in?

Good catch! I completely forgot about that. :p Some traces of the ONLINE launcher were still there, I took off Panda3D and a hidden cache folder I found from MacKeeper. I'm going to try downloading it again, but should I start with the compressed ZIP or the regular forums download?

Ok, I hope someone can jumble through this. Sorry for having to screenshot, I couldn't find the cache for these.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-05-28 at 4.30.59 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-05-28 at 4.30.59 PM.png
    98.5 KB · Views: 90
  • Screen shot 2011-05-28 at 4.31.20 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-05-28 at 4.31.20 PM.png
    125.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Screen shot 2011-05-28 at 4.31.34 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-05-28 at 4.31.34 PM.png
    113 KB · Views: 77
  • Screen shot 2011-05-28 at 4.31.56 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-05-28 at 4.31.56 PM.png
    148.3 KB · Views: 69
  • Screen shot 2011-05-28 at 4.32.20 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-05-28 at 4.32.20 PM.png
    146.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Screen shot 2011-05-28 at 4.32.34 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-05-28 at 4.32.34 PM.png
    153.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Screen shot 2011-05-28 at 4.32.51 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-05-28 at 4.32.51 PM.png
    156 KB · Views: 83
  • Screen shot 2011-05-28 at 4.33.03 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-05-28 at 4.33.03 PM.png
    155.1 KB · Views: 84
  • Screen shot 2011-05-28 at 4.33.23 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-05-28 at 4.33.23 PM.png
    161.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Screen shot 2011-05-28 at 4.33.35 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-05-28 at 4.33.35 PM.png
    143.6 KB · Views: 90
Interesting, I am going through the exact same situation with my launcher. It crashes at the exact same time. I was having issues with the one I had downloaded because it wouldn't let me get out of full screen mode, so I figured I'd delete and redownload and now the launcher is stuck in this loop...

Interesting, I am going through the exact same situation with my launcher. It crashes at the exact same time. I was having issues with the one I had downloaded because it wouldn't let me get out of full screen mode, so I figured I'd delete and redownload and now the launcher is stuck in this loop...

You using a Mac or a PC?

James is using a Mac also. I'm starting to wonder if there is a problem with the Mac download for the launcher.

Maybe if you guys were to get into live chat and tell them that you are trying to redownload the launcher because it was mistakenly deleted, then explain the issue, they might know of a way to resolve it or know of a download that will work better. IDK. Could be worth it though. There could be a chance that they are un aware of and issue with the launcher download on Macs.

Alright I'll try that. I was already on there with them today about the fact that I can't figure out a way to aim the gun on a mac (right click on my track pad and mouse just shoots). Seems like this game isn't so Mac friendly haha.

Alright I'll try that. I was already on there with them today about the fact that I can't figure out a way to aim the gun on a mac (right click on my track pad and mouse just shoots). Seems like this game isn't so Mac friendly haha.
I agree, at first Macs weren't able to use Toontown/PiratesOnline. It seems they are trying to appeal to the 'lowest common denominator.'
And if you have a 'Mighty Mouse,' though, you can configure it so you have right click. It's somewhere in system preferences, under 'Mouse.' It helps a lot with the aiming, if you're having trouble using the Trackpad.

You are actually kinda right. There has been numerous updates that have not worked with the Macs before and would not allow Mac users to log into the game at all. So, yeah, this game isnt too Mac friendly.

Yeah I use a wireless microsoft/windows mouse with a right click button but it doesn't work anyway. Oh well...

Back