DOXING and SWATTING :(

If you are DOX'd or SWAT'd, will you keep your focus and report such behavior?

• No ~ I won't say something (mostly, because of fear)!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
S

Shamus The Brute

Avast!

This intention and purpose of this thread is to "expose" the problem of DOXING and SWATTING and to also enlighten gamers that such practices have become a real, internet problem (practices particularly tied to players affiliated still within the ex-Toontown Online community).

What is DOXING? :confused:

Simply put, DOXING is the online posting of someone's very personal information.

- Doxing not only sometimes reveals the personal information of a targeted individual but it affects sometimes as well the personal information of said individual's own relatives exposing their own information (i.e., 'sensitive' financial and/or background information).

2w522xh.jpg

What is SWATTING? :confused:

swatting.JPG

~ Some relevant information below pertaining to the problem of internet swatting and how it has become a tool used online for those whom do have issues of "revenge" towards other people.

Me hearties, in LIFE there is a general rule of understanding which implies that what, "comes around, goes around." As a gamer, if you do happen to value your freedom (online and in real) then you'll think twice about DOXING/SWATTING someone because in the end...restitution and the law itself will have it's day. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Avast!

This intention and purpose of this thread is to "expose" the problem of DOXING and SWATTING and to also enlighten gamers that such practices have become a real, internet problem (practices particularly tied to players affiliated still within the ex-Toontown Online community).

What is DOXING? :confused:

B622PQyCQAAsn0a.png

- The problem with Doxing is that it not only reveals the personal information of a targeted individual but it affects sometimes as well the personal information of said individual's own relatives exposing their own information (i.e., 'sensitive' financial and/or background information).

2w522xh.jpg

What is SWATTING? :confused:

View attachment 65091

~ Some relevant information below pertaining to the problem of internet swatting and how it has become a tool used online for those whom do have issues of "revenge" towards other people.

Me hearties, in LIFE there is a general rule of understanding which implies that what, "comes around, goes around." As a gamer, if you do happen to value your freedom (online and in real) then you'll think twice about DOXING/SWATTING someone because in the end...restitution and the law itself will have it's day. ;)
It's why I'm thinking twice about getting black ops 3.I don't want some kid who relies on programs to swat me just because I killed him.

Just want to say something. There's a user on this very wiki who threatened to ddos me via my own profile page as well as private message and did in fact ddos me and several other people. I reported him. Nothing was done.

Hacking is dumb...If you don't like someone block em.A saying I developed during my past religious life,"One time it goes,three times it returns." Meaning whatever you do comes back to hurt three times as much.

Just want to say something. There's a user on this very wiki who threatened to ddos me via my own profile page as well as private message and did in fact ddos me and several other people. I reported him. Nothing was done.
You reported this here, you mean? I checked the report status (i.e., those 'reports' initiated by yourself only) and I am not seeing any of them being made on account of yourself being DDoS'd by another member.

This thread is specifically about DOX and SWATTING. Unfortunately, this thread is not about DDoS attacks and although the issue itself does remain a huge concern (amongst the staff, administration, and my own self here) it remains a practice which is unfortunately not illegal unless it is being directed at a business entity to the point to where a financial loss does result.

*If you are still concerned about what has happened, I suggest you privately message an administrator here and explain your frustration.:)
----------------------------------------------

The information provided below reinforces the fact that even if you are "indirectly" involved with the DOX'ng or the SWAT'ng of someone...you will be held accountable for your actions in real by law enforcement.
:puppet:
(Note: This particular case is 'highly believed' to be connected specifically to a few ex-TTO players whom remain active within the community still today)

That's a pretty 2019 way of thinking... What happened to meeting up in person like adults?! World is pretty 10 ply these days.
Yes, let me just buy a plane ticket for that...

The purpose of doxxing is an exposé of sorts. I was first introduced to this term about 4-5 years ago on a then-popular blogging website. This website allowed for anonymous comments and questions. People thought they could get away with anonymously calling people racial and homophobic slurs. They got doxxed. Bet they'll never do that again

tenor.gif

Back