Event Dread Poet Roberts Grotto Poetry Nights

Grace O'Malley of ETC

Pirate Apprentice
I had the privilege of attending and speaking at numerous Poetry nights hosted by legendary pirate friend Dread Poet Roberts of the McRaging guild.

I don't know if anyone has seen him around, or whether he has an interest in reviving this wildly popular community event, but I want to give him props for the wonderful memories of those gatherings and the hope that such a creative stage would continue in TLOPO.

Does anyone else remember these nights? One of my favourite "player created" events.
:popcorn:

OMG yes! I was lucky to attend one or two of these events. The atmosphere during these were phenomenal, the dark cave and the water still in my mind after all this time :O
Was so lucky to be a part of McRaging :)

Yes, I remember them. Meeting in Devils Anvil certain days of the week and tell a poem in a neutral zone from many guilds around together at one spot. Few pictures from back I do have.
Kk (2016_03_25 07_12_39 UTC).png
If this comes up, I look forward to attending these events again.

RE: Story time -- yes we are planning to do it again -- but will need to change format somewhat-- both in timing and in presentation. The chat is more restrictive than it was previously so a lot of words in my vocabulary do not go through properly. Key issue is that even I can't see the words I'm typing if the word is not in the chat dictionary. So when I come back later to screen shot and post it, all I see are ARRRR ARRRR.

I may have to switch it over to Sorrow's format where she writes it in advance and does copy and paste --- so I need to experiment with it a bit first.

Also, timing-- I want to set it up to have rotating hosts as I cannot commit to every week any more. It will probably be every other week event with a rotating host so I would do it one week a month and someone else will do it on the other week a month. Anyone interested? (Cassie from Dragons Twilight has expressed some interest.

RE: Story time -- yes we are planning to do it again -- but will need to change format somewhat-- both in timing and in presentation. The chat is more restrictive than it was previously so a lot of words in my vocabulary do not go through properly. Key issue is that even I can't see the words I'm typing if the word is not in the chat dictionary. So when I come back later to screen shot and post it, all I see are ARRRR ARRRR.

I may have to switch it over to Sorrow's format where she writes it in advance and does copy and paste --- so I need to experiment with it a bit first.

Also, timing-- I want to set it up to have rotating hosts as I cannot commit to every week any more. It will probably be every other week event with a rotating host so I would do it one week a month and someone else will do it on the other week a month. Anyone interested? (Cassie from Dragons Twilight has expressed some interest.
I think the whitelist thread is paging you, @Dread Poet Roberts

Would be so great to experience story time again. In retrospect it was one of the most interesting and distinctive group events in the game.

The first Beta Storytime of Beta TLOPO will be in the new year -- We will resume our regular Monday night event on January 2, 2017 at 7PM Pacific time 10PM Eastern time on Marineros server -- Devil Anvil --Barbossa Grotto -- on our normal stage behind the gold piles. Reserve your time slots now. I'll wrangle up some storytellers.
Way beyond excited!!! :stars:

In the interim, would it be useful to try to engage the Dev team on the whitelist, and suggest acceptable adds?

I believe DP Roberts pointed out that the list might cast a fairly tight net currently. Just a thought.

RD.

Back