Event Dread Poet Roberts Storytime!

Kris

Pirate Lord
http://darkarchive.guildlaunch.com//forums/viewtopic.php?p=39011830&gid=196449#39011830

Dreads Story time makes its long awaited return to the pirates community in the first ever story-time for TLOPO!!

Gather around and get ready for some tales with Dread Poet Roberts and friends!

This event will take place on January 2nd in the grotto on Devils Anvil, Marineros server. 7:00 pm Pacific time. (8 mountain, 9 central, 10 eastern time)

There are a few rules

1. No standing on the stage unless you are presenting

2. No getting out weapons unless asked

3. Be respectful of whomever is speaking, this includes not using emotes or speaking while a speaker is speaking.

4. No distracting movements such as jumping around all over the place or attacking the speaker

5. Clap wildly for all the story tellers when they finish their act.

6. We have 3-4 spots per night for story tellers. If you want a spot whisper to Dread in the grotto about 10-15 minutes before event starts. He tries to accommodate specific requests but will set the order of the act. Do not go on stage until it is your turn -- the stage (rock) is the story teller's alone

More info from Dread.

Yes, the rumors are true. Story time will be coming back to TLOPO in 2017. On Monday January 2, 2017 at 7PM Pacific time (10 PM Eastern time) on Marineros Server, Devil Anvil, Barbossa Grotto, we will do the Beta Story Time in the Beta TLOPO. If you are a storyteller and want participate, we have 4 story slots. Message me here( https://www.facebook.com/dreadpoet.roberts/?fref=nf) or in game if interested.

Event is open to all -- subject to the vagaries of the server load.

Please note that the format has changed slightly for Story Time due to more restrictive White Lists in Beta -- so I recommend that you do a dry run through first and edit words not in the dictionary. (I won't be doing free form anymore as a result).

We hope that this will become a more frequent event and will evaluate after the Beta Story time. I also want this event to become a rotating co-host event. Cassie from Dragon's Twilight will be the first co-host at a date in the future.

Fair winds and hope to see you in the Caribbean.

Merry Christmas and Happy holidays

--DreadPoet Roberts

Last edited:
Update from our Dress rehearsal of Story Time.

Event will be held on Monday January 2 at 7PM Pacific, 10PM Eastern on Marineros server, Devil Anvil, Barbossa Grotto. \

If you want to tell a story -- please be at the Grotto about 15 minutes before the start.
Last evening, Ben Gone and I tested out formats for Story Time. A couple of observations/ bugs to comment on the process

1. Expect disconnects. We got disconnected/ reset 6 times during the test. In the event of a story teller disconnect during their story, the host will go back up on stage and sing and dance until the story teller comes back. If after a reasonable amount of time goes by and the story teller has not returned, we will proceed to the next story teller (note to developers -- how do you do "zombie" if it is not in the pull down list?)
2. Expect long delays. Since you cannot teleport directly to Devil Anvil or to a person, in order to get back to story time, someone has to sail over there. Expect a disconnect to keep the story teller off line for about 5-7 minutes while they sail back. We have back up locations on main islands that we may change story time to-- Butcher Brown's Marketplace on Tortuga (through the gateway next to Tortuga Graveyard) is Plan B. Fort Charles Campground on Port Royal (where the Teepees are -- to the right of the main stairs to the Port Royal Fort) is Plan C. If disconnects happen persistently we will switch to the alternate locations.
3. White list is still very restrictive-- story tellers should test their stories before hand-- you may need to change words to pass the white list filters. I ran a test on an old story -- and 10 of my words were not in the dictionary over 3 paragraphs. Expect many Arrrs and Yarrrs -- both as storyteller and as audience.
4. Copy and Paste works best -- have 2 screens with the word version in one window and the game in the other window so you can copy directly from the text version. Works on notepad and MS word. I did not try other formats.
5. Long lag on copy and paste: Copy and Paste takes about 10 seconds per line of text to populate in the game. During that time the storyteller is frozen. Story tellers will not be able to answer whispers while doing their story.
6. Copy and paste multiple text lines: Copy and Paste multiple lines of text sometimes works -- but runs the text together so words that would normally come through as valid words get mashed together as Arrr. I will be doing single lines of text during my story.
7. Avoid punctuation -- periods (.) cause the game some confusion since it acts as a thought bubble
8. Bug: nearby ships show up as tiny Carp in the floor and sail under the audience. Also the water texture appears to have disappeared from the grotto cave floor so now it is just grey.

Hope to see you all there.

--DreadPoet Roberts

http://darkarchive.guildlaunch.com//forums/viewtopic.php?p=39011830&gid=196449#39011830

Dreads Story time makes its long awaited return to the pirates community in the first ever story-time for TLOPO!!

Gather around and get ready for some tales with Dread Poet Roberts and friends!

This event will take place on January 2nd in the grotto on Devils Anvil, Marineros server. 7:00 pm Pacific time. (8 mountain, 9 central, 10 eastern time)

There are a few rules

1. No standing on the stage unless you are presenting

2. No getting out weapons unless asked

3. Be respectful of whomever is speaking, this includes not using emotes or speaking while a speaker is speaking.

4. No distracting movements such as jumping around all over the place or attacking the speaker

5. Clap wildly for all the story tellers when they finish their act.

6. We have 3-4 spots per night for story tellers. If you want a spot whisper to Dread in the grotto about 10-15 minutes before event starts. He tries to accommodate specific requests but will set the order of the act. Do not go on stage until it is your turn -- the stage (rock) is the story teller's alone

More info from Dread.

Yes, the rumors are true. Story time will be coming back to TLOPO in 2017. On Monday January 2, 2017 at 7PM Pacific time (10 PM Eastern time) on Marineros Server, Devil Anvil, Barbossa Grotto, we will do the Beta Story Time in the Beta TLOPO. If you are a storyteller and want participate, we have 4 story slots. Message me here( https://www.facebook.com/dreadpoet.roberts/?fref=nf) or in game if interested.

Event is open to all -- subject to the vagaries of the server load.

Please note that the format has changed slightly for Story Time due to more restrictive White Lists in Beta -- so I recommend that you do a dry run through first and edit words not in the dictionary. (I won't be doing free form anymore as a result).

We hope that this will become a more frequent event and will evaluate after the Beta Story time. I also want this event to become a rotating co-host event. Cassie from Dragon's Twilight will be the first co-host at a date in the future.

Fair winds and hope to see you in the Caribbean.

Merry Christmas and Happy holidays

--DreadPoet Roberts

Can't wait to be there! Story time was one of my favorite weekly events! See you there Dread!

What an awesome turnout!

c6b5388392b36b0a1646af63cf3b492e.jpg

c4af25fe8e569a9b2480362248dcbda7.jpg

14f5cc1990e0a1239577f7c5edecbfd1.jpg

d99ecea95abd094f0f6f9e1c1aad23fd.jpg

d3a5c6182e6c1944d1d2a68e694a8507.jpg

Formatting –

If you are trying to cut-and-paste multiple lines into the Chat box, make sure there is a ‘space’ between lines as Chat does not see a ‘carriage return’ as a word/line separator. Check it out to see what happens.

Jack runs down the hill.

Jill comes tumbling after.

- This will not work unless you start the second line with a space. It becomes -

Jack runs down the hill.Jill comes tumbling after.

Okay I am late to the party - but is this still an on going weekly event? I remember attending on POTCO it was a weekly event and really a fun thing. I always appreciated the hard work it took to make this event happen.

Back