Event Dread Poet's Poetry Reading

Discussion in 'POTCO Events and Training' started by ElizaCreststeel, May 9, 2011.

1. ElizaCreststeel

Wiki Staff

Just to mention, that every Monday night (10:30 EST) on Devil's Anvil (Monada), McRaging's own Dread Poet hosts an evening of literature, humor and self-expression.

Captain Barbossa kindly turns his grotto into an atmospheric night club and volunteers are very welcome to recite their works, tell a story or express themselves.

Hope to see some of you folks there...

2. JadeOHayes

Site Founder

Interesting ... so, this is a public event? Kind of late (I'm in EST), but I might show up one night just to out of curiosity. Thank you for announcing it, Eliza!

Captain Redhorn likes this.
  3. Basil Darkratte

Site Founder

10:30? geez lol doesn't anyone have work or school the next day?Its not summer yet, I wish though....

4. ElizaCreststeel

Wiki Staff

Aye, it is a public event. There is some decorum. Folks are asked to keep their conversations to a minimum and not interrupt the one speaking on stage. If you want to read your work or tell a story just whisper to the host and he will try and fit you in.

Its very relaxed otherwise and its great seeing a number of literary talents who play the game. Dread is an amazing bard.

5. Eliza Shorecastle

Eliza Shorecastle Wanted Pirate

Wow, I cant wait for this! I'll have to see when 10:30 EST is for me, but I'm usually up exceptionally late, so I doubt it will be a problem. I cant wait to sit and listen. I love love love the word 'Bard' Eliza, I'm most eager to hear what Dread Poet has to say. Thank you for the info

6. William Sunshot

William Sunshot Honorable Pirate

I believe I'll have a look...

Eliza Shorecastle likes this.
  7. Amelia Darkskull

Site Founder

Im not good at poetry but ill come some time

8. Amber Brown

Amber Brown Buccaneer

I go almost every Monday! It's really fun! :)
    It's a great way to hear new and different forms of poetry.

9. JadeOHayes

Site Founder

So tonight we will have one then?

10. JadeOHayes

Site Founder

These were from tonight event. Pay attention to the conversation at the bottom left-hand side. At least 6 ppl presented something. Enlarge the thumbnails please.

screenshot_2011-05-09_22-48-43.jpg

Attached Files:

11. JadeOHayes

Site Founder

The stories continue ...

Attached Files:

12. Will Nightwolf

Will Nightwolf Legendary Pirate
    Site Founder

Seems like fun I'll try to make the next one

13. Eliza Shorecastle

OMG, i thought this was later.... guess my research on when it was my time was faulty.... DANG IT! haha. I deffinately want to know if there will be one next Monday. :) and I'll do some MORE research.... rofl. ;)

14. Captian Fear

Captian Fear Pirate Master

Would a bloke like me be able to present a chilling story about a boy, mollusk and a rum barrel?

15. JadeOHayes

Site Founder

Trust me, you are NOT a bloke, Fear. The event started off 'slowly', as Capt. C-Ray presented a coverage of On Stranger Tides world premier (he was invited to that event, in real life). Then 3 ppl presented on 'how to welcome members', some with cheers, the others were poetic like Eliza and the first guy (look at his name on the screenshots). Then the event continued with more serious stories, beginning with Dread Poet Roberts short stories - he presented 3 stories if I'm not mistaken - and got to the longer stories. The last presenter was girl named Sorrow. She was just amazing ... She typed really fast, so she was almost like telling a long story that we usually read as a written version into a spoken version (in her convo). I need to attach more pics to give you a sneak peak - I didn't take her entire story since it was a long one. And she even paused her sentences to give us her expression ... "she sighs softly, she looks sad, she flips coins, etc". But basically what I am saying is that there is no need to feel unworthy to present something, you just have to whisper to Dread (who is the host), and he would put you in an order to present. The entire event lasted about 2 hours (!! ... yea, that long!), and most ppl stayed there until the end, with some came and went.

It was an interesting event, to say the least, if you have time. And all our talented writers here probably should take a peek once to check this out. It got better and better the longer I stayed there.

16. Captian Fear

Captian Fear Pirate Master

That sounds fun. Perhaps Sao Feng can teach me some pirate hiakuis

17. ElizaCreststeel

Wiki Staff

Sorrow is wonderful and there a number of regular contributors. Last night was little different. The usual host, Dread Poet will be away a few weeks and wanted to see who would want to step up while he was away.

Aurora Ocean Knight likes this.
  18. Constance O'hara

Constance O'hara Pirate Lord

lol nice signature.. ik its off topic but it looks cool lol

19. Eliza Shorecastle

Thank you so much! I created that in Microsoft Word yesterday, and a friend helped me do the technical stuff to get it into a URL for upload onto this site. It took a while, but I am so proud of it.... :p Thank you again :D

20. Constance O'hara

Constance O'hara Pirate Lord

lol yw