Event DreadPoet Story Time -- Calendar and locations thread

Dread Poet Roberts

Honorable Pirate
Dread Poet Story Time has come back to the Caribbean. We will use this thread to post the Calendar of when the events will take place.

The plan is for us to host this event every other week on Mondays. Hosting duties will rotate between Dread Poet Roberts (me) and Cassie every other week. Please follow this thread to know when the next Story Time will be. (NOTE: Just so we're clear, this is not a weekly event -- it is is bi-weekly.)

Event is open to all Pirates. All are welcome. Get there early and hopefully don't get kicked out by game resets.

All DreadPoet Story Times will be on Poderoso server on Mondays at 7PM Pacific time, 10PM Eastern Time at Devil Anvil, Barbossa Grotto unless specified otherwise in the announcement posts. (NOTE 2: We have moved the event from Marineros Server to Poderoso Server based on feedback from the game developers.)

Back up locations will be B) Butcher Brown Marketplace on Tortuga, next to the Tortuga Graveyard
Back up location C) Port Royal Campgrounds -- by the Teepees in the Fort.

A separate thread can be found here: https://piratesforums.co/threads/dreadpoet-storytime-official-story-thread.16179/ that the story tellers will be posting their stories read at story time. Please follow both threads.

Now give me an Arrrrrr,
--DreadPoet Roberts
:pirate ship:

Last edited:
The next DreadPoet Story Time will be held on:

Monday January 16, 2017 at 8PM Eastern time 5PM Pacific time (NOTE TIME CHANGE) at Poderoso server, Devil Anvil, Barbossa Grotto.

The host will be Cassie. NOTE: I will not be there. The show is Cassie's and Cassie's alone. She has full control.

To sign up for a slot, please go to her guild page and send her a message: https://www.facebook.com/Rogue-Covenant-Dragons-Twilight-102702109789944/?__mref=message_bubble

Back up locations will be B) Butcher Brown Marketplace on Tortuga, next to the Tortuga Graveyard
Back up location C) Port Royal Campgrounds -- by the Teepees in the Fort

Have fun without me.
--DreadPoet Roberts

The next story time will be on Monday January 30 on Poderoso Server at 7PM in Barbossa Grotto. (10 PM Eastern) If you want to tell a story --please message me here on the forum, or show up about 20 minutes before the event so I can put you in the line up.

--DreadPoet Roberts
I have a poem I would like to present.

I think it might have been a mistake to have the announcement on the login screen. Yes, it was a way of reminding people of the event but it created total chaos with the amount of people who attended the event. A huge percentage of them were just wondering what it all meant and were obviously not interested in actually listening. I don't know....just my thought after our last event.

Dread Poet Story Time has come back to the Caribbean. We will use this thread to post the Calendar of when the events will take place.

The plan is for us to host this event every other week on Mondays. Hosting duties will rotate between Dread Poet Roberts (me) and Cassie every other week. Please follow this thread to know when the next Story Time will be. (NOTE: Just so we're clear, this is not a weekly event -- it is is bi-weekly.)

Event is open to all Pirates. All are welcome. Get there early and hopefully don't get kicked out by game resets.

All DreadPoet Story Times will be on Poderoso server on Mondays at 7PM Pacific time, 10PM Eastern Time at Devil Anvil, Barbossa Grotto unless specified otherwise in the announcement posts. (NOTE 2: We have moved the event from Marineros Server to Poderoso Server based on feedback from the game developers.)

Back up location C) Port Royal Campgrounds -- by the Teepees in the Fort.

A separate thread can be found here: https://piratesforums.co/threads/dreadpoet-storytime-official-story-thread.16179/ that the story tellers will be posting their stories read at story time. Please follow both threads.

Now give me an Arrrrrr,
--DreadPoet Roberts
:pirate ship:

Arrrrrr

Before I can commit to a date, Ben Gunn and I have to do a test to see if anything changed with the new re-launch. Real life has gotten in the way for the last several days-- but I'm thinking that the next Story Time will be on or around June 12. This is not an official announcement yet, but a placeholder. This thread will be updated when we set the next time and place.

Bad news to report on Storytime. I did a test this morning multiple times to get to Devil Anvil (multiple servers, multiple starting ports, multiple boats). 75% of the time when I docked, I fell in the water swimming and had to teleport back to land and start over again. Barbossa Grotto may not be able to be used until the swimming after sailing glitch is fixed because it is a wild island. We have a plan B location in Port Royal Fort Charles -- in the campground to the far right of the main stairwell -- that we may have to implement.

EDIT: Cassie has emerged and will be hosting Story time tonight. I just found out from her that Story Time will be at 9:30 PM Eastern time, 6:30 Pacific time on Poderoso Server, Devil Anvil, Barbossa Grotto.

--DreadPoetRoberts

Last edited:
Back