Event DreadPoet's Storytime --4 year anniversary March 18

Dread Poet Roberts

Honorable Pirate
In March 2009, a merry band of pillagers returned to Old Port Royal shore with a ship bleeding profusely and deep in the red, full of Royals and all kinds of plunder. As the ship was repaired, one of the pirates jokingly said to the Dread Poet Roberts, "Give us a story worthy of your name." And on that night, DreadPoet's Storytime was conceived.

Since that day, every Monday, for now going on four years, the Storytellers of the Caribbean have graced our stage-- and we have kept tally of their comings and goings. Some popped in for a brief interlude. Others donned disguises and came back again and again --those gluttons for punishment-- who when they were not dodging the monkey, inspired us with their prose.

On March 18, we will host our fourth anniversary of Dread Poet's Storytime (time and location to be announced. We invite all of the storytellers who have previously graced our stage to make a return engagement. In all, I have identified 67 different storytellers who have participated (the list of storytellers is below). Some have gone off to write their own books with their words from the Grotto; others the seed germinates for other literary pursuits. If you know of others who should be on this list, please send me a note.

If you recognize names on this list, who have departed Pirates for different stormier, adventurous waters and can reach them, we would like to have them back, if only for one day. Please send me a note here if you have reached any of our fallen comrades.

So hoist the sails and quaff the rum and give the monkey his due.
Fair winds all,

-Dread Poet RobertsList of Storytellers that have graced the stage at Dread Poet’s Story time
(In No Particular Order)

From March 2009 to Present
  • · Eliza Creststeel
  • · Anna Margaret
  • · Ben Gunn
  • · Eliza
  • · Roger Goldskull
  • · Meghan Treasurehawk
  • · Kate Goldwalker
  • · Captain C-Ray
  • · Rose Mcbonny
  • · Sorrow
  • · Coron Ash
  • · Jesse Goldspark
  • · Wolfheart
  • · Roger Doger
  • · Mark Cabinwrecker
  • · Violet
  • · Kenya Goldwrecker
  • · Captain Star
  • · Maggie Heartsilver
  • · Chaos
  • · Matthew O’Malley
  • · Jinsai
  • · Cassie
  • · Rose Bluehawk
  • · Molly McMorgan
  • · Sam Plunderstack
  • · Maximus
  • · Jack Ropecutter
  • · Ash
  • · John Foulroberts
  • · Robin Hook
  • · Bounty Hunter
  • · Karissa
  • · Aaron
  • Eric McRage
  • · Hannah Bluefeather
  • · Hector Redfire
  • · Ilec Shadowwolf
  • · Lisa Truespark
  • · Artemis Fowl
  • · Robin Christsilver
  • · Wolfbabe
  • · Shiver McTimbers
  • · Natasha Stormwalker
  • · Lord Matthew Louis Goldtimbers
  • · Candace
  • · Cheleshock
  • · Robert Bluecastle
  • · Catherine Stormwalker
  • · Nadia
  • · Will Warrage
  • · Serafina
  • · Nautilass
  • · Shamus the Brute
  • · Tobias Cannonwrecker
  • · Shaun Forsaken
  • · Solomon Blastwrecker
  • · Raven Hookcrash
  • · Thaddeus Gout
  • · Zach Burnshaver
  • · Rylie Hunter
  • · Jeremiah Warhawk
  • · Charles Goldburn
  • · Alan Bladecrest
  • · Witty Jack
  • · Commander Swan
  • · Henry McSteel
  • · Edward Dark Kidd

Last edited by a moderator:
If I may be so kind to ask, what particular "range" in time would this special celebration take place?

I cannot explain how but good POETRY has a way to help navigate the storm the pirate within me faces. :eek:
If possible, I will definitely try my best to attend this SPECIAL event.

*Congratulations for the years of POTCO "poetry." :D Hoping to attend but just to clarify, I was "never" fortunate enough to have participated in reading an actual poem. *It's quite enjoyable to listen to others speak, as there are some really great minds...out there. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Due to the large number of Story Tellers coming back for "One Night Only" Story time will start at 10PM eastern/ 7:00 Pacific instead of the normal 10:30 PM. It will be at the normal location. Server to be announced about 15 minutes before the event starts.

If someone could post screenshots that were made, I - for one - would love to see them as I was unable to attend last night.
:arrrrr:
*Thanks - Dread - for providing such a "unique" event to POTCO and I congratulate you again on this monumental milestone.

This is a really cool thing. I used to go to a lot of these way back when I first started in '11, and it was always neat to hear the creative stories that people would come up with. I was there (as Matthew O'malley) for the anniversary, and I applaud you for putting together such a fun and creative event for all these years, Dread.

I just want to say a huge thank you to Dread. From long ago I remember attending the story tellings. The tales are always grand and the attendance is always lovely! Even though I can't always make it, the invitation always means alot and I congratulate Mr. Dread. Fine achievement mate!

I recently had a pirate aboard my ship (sorry, don't remember the name) who was talking about bringing these back into the spotlight - wonderful idea! :D

DreadPoet Story time is always looking for new storytellers to join our ranks. Over 80 different storytellers have graced out stage in the 4+ years we have been doing this. If you want to give a story, come to the weekly event and whisper to me. Normally we are on Devil Anvil at 10:30 PM Eastern time/ 7:30 Pacific on Monada server (though from time to time we take field trips.)
Protocol is to whisper to me (so I see it) before the event starts and I will set you in the rotation. Guidelines are 10 minutes or less, should be piratey in nature, and uses words that would not offend the Big Mouse with the ears who listens in. We are limited to 4 story tellers per event so we can keep it to less than an hour and a half.
Rules of the event are stow weapons unless asked, be respectful of the story tellers (i.e. no one on the rock except the story teller), and no potion explosions.
Come see what your fellow pirates are talking about.

-- DreadPoet

Back