DRUGS

• Thread starter Shamus The Brute
  • Start date
S

Shamus The Brute

To the ex-POTCO and, TLOPO community:

It's simple. Don't make an effort to try nor to experiment with DRUGS. *Take it from me, it can destroy families!

- Ahoy everyone. :piratemickey: I have returned to share an important p.s.a. (public service announcement) and online community message. As both a parent and a father, I would like to do what I can to reiterate to everyone here - of all ages - that DRUGS can kill, both indirectly and directly. *I should know...it happened to a child of my own. Read on, to discover more.

Shortly past midnight of a certain year, a decision was ultimately made by my (then) 17 year old son. By the morning of the next day, he was visited and then taken away by Law Enforcement officers as suspect in the deadly shooting of the night/evening before. The victim of the crime was a friend to my son (at one time). *Important to everyone here, they both were "gamers" and enjoyed spending time together as friends playing SHOOTER :bang:games and what-not.

For some time now, the SHAMUS THE BRUTE within me was compelled to take action towards a very real and challenging (life) situation! Instead of doing what I was used to (online) to hold "hackers" and trouble-makers accountable, my passion had to be turned ironically towards my own family, son, and my son's own personal issues. As a 17 year old young adult, one of those issues my son had struggles with the most was, you guessed it, DRUGS. *Alas fellow pirates, this topic-of-discussion is important to bring to light here on piratesforums.co because...I do know for a fact that several (anti-TLOPO) antagonists were also into drugs/the smoking of "weed." Not to overly judge nor drive home the point, but I can share that DRUGS in lieu of my own son's life changed him in a way which has forever changed his destiny now.

DRUGS lead to no good, mates. It impacts and affects everyone else within said user's life! Don't think that it doesn't. And...as much as I truthfully wanted to put the Shamus "passion" behind me...I am forced now to bring him out again but this time, towards holding DRUG dealers accountable (locally) instead of unruly pirates online. *I ask, in fact I plead, to all pirates online to simply...SAY NO TO DRUGS!!! Purchasing drugs from someone else only entitles them to eventually sell to a child or young adult. Would you want that on your conscience?
A week ago today, my 17 year old son had his 18th birthday.:happy birthday1: We're all still waiting to understand the facts of the case/to understand if the Judge will try him as an adult (rather than as a juvenile) for first-degree murder.

JUST SAY NO!

Shamus ~

Last edited by a moderator:
To the ex-POTCO and, TLOPO community:

It's simple. Don't make an effort to try nor to experiment with DRUGS. *Take it from me, it can destroy families!

- Ahoy everyone. :piratemickey: I have returned to share an important p.s.a. (public service announcement) and online community message. As both a parent and a father, I would like to do what I can to reiterate to everyone here - of all ages - that DRUGS can kill, both indirectly and directly. *I should know...it happened to a child of my own. Read on, to discover more.

Shortly past midnight of June 11th of this year, a decision was ultimately made by my (then) 17 year old son. By the morning of June 12th, he was visited and then taken away by Law Enforcement officers as suspect in the deadly shooting of a 22 year old...the night/evening before. The victim of the crime was a friend to my son (at one time). *Important to everyone here, they both were "gamers" and enjoyed spending time together as friends playing SHOOTER :bang:games and what-not.

For the past year and 1/2, the SHAMUS THE BRUTE within me was compelled to take action towards a very real and challenging (life) situation! Instead of doing what I was used to (online) to hold "hackers" and trouble-makers accountable, my passion had to be turned ironically towards my own family, son, and my son's own personal issues. As a 17 year old young adult, one of those issues my son had struggles with the most was, you guessed it, DRUGS. *Alas fellow pirates, this topic-of-discussion is important to bring to light here on piratesforums.co because...I do know for a fact that several (anti-TLOPO) antagonists were also into drugs/the smoking of "weed." Not to overly judge nor drive home the point, but I can share that DRUGS in lieu of my own son's life changed him in a way which has forever changed his destiny now.

DRUGS lead to no good, mates. It impacts and affects everyone else within said user's life! Don't think that it doesn't. And...as much as I truthfully wanted to put the Shamus "passion" behind me...I am forced now to bring him out again but this time, towards holding DRUG dealers accountable (locally) instead of unruly pirates online. *I ask, in fact I plead, to all pirates online to simply...SAY NO TO DRUGS!!! Purchasing drugs from someone else only entitles them to eventually sell to a child or young adult. Would you want that on your conscience?
A week ago today, my 17 year old son had his 18th birthday.:happy birthday1: We're all still waiting to understand the facts of the case/to understand if the Judge will try him as an adult (rather than as a juvenile) for first-degree murder.

JUST SAY NO!

Shamus ~
My heart and prayers go out to you, your family and your son and the victims family as well. I think everyone is touched by drugs in some way directly or indirectly in their lifetimes. Drugs are a true zero sum waste of energy and sucker of life forces.
Get involved. If one sees such activity in their neighborhood, call the police anonymously, but make the call. If they don't come, which is rare, call again and just say you saw a gun. Odds are, 100% someone has a gun on them. It's not a false statement in drug deals.

Also, people need to stay alert to their family members and if there is a change of personality or routine in anyone. Friends as well. It begins with ourselves and caring about those around you.
No one needs to be alone in this problem.

Last edited:
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family !!! It's Not just Illegal drugs but prescribed drugs as well !! Most judge there's a difference but there's No difference between any drug that alters your mind !! God be with you and yours !!!!

Last edited:
My heart and prayers go out to you, your family and your son and the victims family as well...

Get involved. If one sees such activity in their neighborhood, call the police anonymously, but make the call. If they don't come, which is rare, call again and just say you saw a gun. Odds are, 100% someone has a gun on them. It's not a false statement in drug deals.

Also, people need to stay alert to their family members and if there is a change of personality or routine in anyone. Friends as well. It begins with yourselves and caring about those around you.
No one needs to be alone in this problem.
You are exactly right! (Thank you, friend, and everyone).

*Let the BLACK FLAG of the pirate within you...change the world for the better!
View: https://youtu.be/8HGq3rnZV58

Think of some kid, maybe even your own kid. *Do what needs done today (or tomorrow) to keep this kid from ruining his or her life...with Drugs.

I feel like just telling people not to do certain drugs that you can buy on the street would do the opposite and they would buy and use those drugs, instead of telling rebellious teens not to do something that's dangerous to their health there should be programs in schools that show the dangers of using those drugs and what those drugs will do to you over a period of time, these programs won't tell you not to do drugs but just the dangers so maybe more people will get educated and then they can make the decision for themselves instead of feeling more pressure at such a young age by adults that don't want them to do it. I have always felt education can help in the long run rather than just telling people not to do something.

I never saw this post until right now myself. I have a daughter who has had drug issuses as well and its a tough time to go thru trying to help. Takes a toll on you mind/body/soul. Hope everything works out for your son/family Shamus...

Shamus I missed this post until now! My heart aches for you, your son & family! A few of my own children have had drug issues, it is a tough road for all involved. I hope for the best outcome for your son. Hugs to you Shamus!! <3
I never saw this post until right now myself. I have a daughter who has had drug issuses as well and its a tough time to go thru trying to help. Takes a toll on you mind/body/soul. Hope everything works out for your son/family Shamus...
Thank you. ;) This means a lot and...I do appreciate it.

Back