Glitch EITC corvettes completely missing

FurryGuy1999

Dockworker
Okay so i have two quests requiring me to sink 3 corvettes and 1 corvette. I have been trying to find a single one but so far i have had zero luck for several days. I have followed the wiki in search of this, even followed the instruction in the comments to search near outcast island but so far no luck. Can someone please help me?

For future reference, whenever you arent able to find EITC Corvettes in open water, there is an EITC Corvette flagship that can be shot, parlayed and sunk off of the coast of Outcast Isle, and will constantly spawn back at Outcast.

Cheers!

It seems that it is a real thing that when you have a quest for a certain ship type they become harder to find. Someone has said earlier that potco support even told them that this phenomenon is real. I'm not sure I actually believe it and can't get a grasp of how it might work but evidence continues to pile up on the side of it being real, lol.

From reading about this issue and my own experience, I've found at least two things to be quite consistent with quest lines. Probably dating back to the disney design. When one gets a quest at sea or land, if the npc didn't specifically instruct you to do things in a certain area, then whatever the items are, they are almost always found in the general area of the quest giver if no real clues are given. If ships, then near the island or main area of quest giver. And in what I think is logical, the item is made more of a challenge within the quest itself.
Ships become scarce, but almost always turn up near the area of origin. It may have took longer, but the item appeared at some point.

I think when people wander away from the origin, if not given instructions to do so, traveling away may effect the reset time of items. Ex: If your item is in a fort and you run around looking for it, and it should show up in say, 4 minutes, but you exit the fort at 3 minutes, it may reset each time you return to the area. So if you keep moving away, perhaps you're never there to see the item, and or you reset the time yet again.

I can't say how this game handles quests, but this is what I see. And most complaints are by people who go all over the place looking for something.
I say this because I believe tlopo like most games, recreates your space as you go, and if you leave, it has to rewrite stuff over again for what your world looks like to you as you move. Perhaps this process if even half true may wipe out something as it goes.

Just throwing that out there.

Unfortunately, ship locations are a bit out of whack compared to POTCO. Hoping this something that can be worked out down the road. Corvettes seem to appear between Ile D'eTable de Porc and Cangrejos. I have also spotted them occasionally around Devil's Anvil. Then, there's the flagship appearing between Port Royal and Outcast Isle.

Something Ive noticed is when you have a quest for a certain kinda ship and you have said quest "tracking" it seems that specific kinda ship doesn't appear as often as it should..

Back