Email from POTCO on Launcher

Do you play POTCO using the launcher?

• Total voters

Cathryne

Wanted Pirate
Hello,
The Pirates Online desktop launcher was previously available as part of the online download for Pirates Online. Now that Pirates Online can be played directly from your Internet browser, the desktop launcher is no longer available.

For the time being, guests will still be able to access Pirates Online from the launcher if they have downloaded it previously and have not deleted it. However, moving forward updates will not continue to the launcher, and so for the best game play experience possible we recommend that you play through your web browser.

If you are experiencing trouble with the browser version, we recommend contacting Pirates Online Live Technical Support regarding this issue. Pirates Online Live Technical Support is available during the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Pacific Standard Time, Wednesday - Sunday at the following address:

http://piratesonline.go.com/#/help/contact_us.html

Please have a brief description of the technical issue ready or a Bug Report Ticket number before you login.

Thank you,

Krista
Pirates of the Caribbean Online Member Services

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

*weeps* :(

I love how they ask our opinions on stuff like this >.<

I'm hoping they'll see this thread and others like it and reconsider :) Can't hurt to hope!

I love how they ask our opinions on stuff like this >.<

I'm hoping they'll see this thread and others like it and reconsider :) Can't hurt to hope!
Yeah probably not, I've send so many e-mails to bring stuff back. I bet they didn't even bother to read them :oops:

I had launcher and tried browser. I did not like it at all! I had the worse lag ever. I had removed launcher. I sent a email and got the same responce. Fortunatly i found that i also had the launcher in my documents. Save it somewhere if you want to try browser.

Or you're someone like me who joined up when the game first started, then stopped playing and stupidly uninstalled. Now you're back and you have to play in the stupid browser. I needed an option that said "I play in the browser because I no longer have options"

Go here to download the Launcher if you can't find it! :D https://piratesforums.co/threads/how-to-download-the-game.2065/#post-34788
I also hate playing in the browser. I started playing in 2008 on the launcher and I absolutely hate the browser. Takes forever to load, and I need to open an extra internet window for it! -_-

Cantlogin.jpg

My problem is that I can't log into the browser game. The picture above is what I get when I try to log on to the site. I get a blank login screen. I can only play on the launcher version. People will not be too happy if they discontinue the launcher mode. I love the launcher mode.

The browser is much worse in terms of supporting the game when I play, regardless of what I'm doing or what settings I have it on. I only use the browser for when I'm not able to access my laptop, where the launcher is, but least to say it's a dreadful experience every time.

I agree with previous statements in that POTCO should take our opinions on this. A lot of pirates don't play through the browser because their computers can't handle it, so this move may potentially lead to the drop out of ALOT of pirates.

The browser is much worse in terms of supporting the game when I play, regardless of what I'm doing or what settings I have it on. I only use the browser for when I'm not able to access my laptop, where the launcher is, but least to say it's a dreadful experience every time.

I agree with previous statements in that POTCO should take our opinions on this. A lot of pirates don't play through the browser because their computers can't handle it, so this move may potentially lead to the drop out of ALOT of pirates.

lol thats why you download the launcher onto your desktop i agree though browser is not good for playing cant support high graphics well and makes things much more laggy
EDIT (Apr 22, 2011 at 6:41 AM):
Or you're someone like me who joined up when the game first started, then stopped playing and stupidly uninstalled. Now you're back and you have to play in the stupid browser. I needed an option that said "I play in the browser because I no longer have options"

lol that reminds me when the game first came out they had the launcher then after they switched and then it came back i assume its going to happen all over again

the first part of that was really confusing.... :p

would u like me to make it even more confusing or simple simple it is

the world cant come to potco because potco is not real and potco actually its already in the world so yea but realy could these people please try to make good decisions when it comes to this stuff

would u like me to make it even more confusing or simple simple it is

the world cant come to potco because potco is not real and potco actually its already in the world so yea but realy could these people please try to make good decisions when it comes to this stuff
possibly a lot of people didnt use the launcher when the site allowed you to play on it so they removed it cause the lvl 1 basics (not being racist to da noobs) only use the browser

Back