Errr... New 'layout'?

not sure about he rest of you but on my iPod the layout is different. the text is blue and I thought I went colorblind for a second there. o_o it's... different but I am willing to give it a try. not do sure I like it ATM.

is this happening to you or am I the only one?

I'm on my phone... The layout is different as well I can't edit anything...and I sometimes get random white screens and it opens a new screen to post things, and when I "like",and I can't see the smilies.. But other than that its all good :D

I'm on my phone... The layout is different as well I can't edit anything...and I sometimes get random white screens and it opens a new screen to post things, and when I "like",and I can't see the smilies.. But other than that its all good :D
What phone? How is the layout different?

Not entirely sure what happened, though any duplicate posts should be merged automatically.

The site may behave differently on phones/iPods but it should still be functional. Things opening in new screens is likely because it doesn't support our way of handling it being done on the same screen. White screens can happen sometimes when I'm updating something but they should go away if you refresh. Otherwise that would be another issue with the phone.

You can't see any smilies? Or the button to use a smilie? Our advanced editor is disabled on mobile devices because they don't handle it well, so that would be intentional.

As for the salmon borders or blue text, that shouldn't be happening. The way our style is loaded, it may be possible for some things to appear in unusual colors until the page is fully loaded.

A mobile style is coming "eventually" anyways, which would provide a better experience in situations like this.

Not entirely sure what happened, though any duplicate posts should be merged automatically.

The site may behave differently on phones/iPods but it should still be functional. Things opening in new screens is likely because it doesn't support our way of handling it being done on the same screen. White screens can happen sometimes when I'm updating something but they should go away if you refresh. Otherwise that would be another issue with the phone.

You can't see any smilies? Or the button to use a smilie? Our advanced editor is disabled on mobile devices because they don't handle it well, so that would be intentional.

As for the salmon borders or blue text, that shouldn't be happening. The way our style is loaded, it may be possible for some things to appear in unusual colors until the page is fully loaded.

A mobile style is coming "eventually" anyways, which would provide a better experience in situations like this.

What about the little jack sparrow he's not the header he's underneath the "forums.. pirates... members etc"

Sounds like the browser for Blackberry doesn't support some of the things we do. Is yours up to date? The mobile style will fix this.

Cuz I know what that is..Davy I'm technologically impaired lol I have the blackberry torch and that's the newest model we have here unless something came out within the last two weeks lol

Cuz I know what that is..Davy I'm technologically impaired lol I have the blackberry torch and that's the newest model we have here unless something came out within the last two weeks lol
The thing you look at the forums on doesn't understand how we're telling it to show something (like the logo) ;)

The thing you look at the forums on doesn't understand how we're telling it to show something (like the logo) ;)

Rofl noooo I got that part..I'm not that useless... I wanted to know how mobile style will fix it

Oh. It will be a style created specifically for mobile devices (phones, iPods, etc).
It will make it easier to use the forums on them.

Uh huh..(Stares blankly) Lol ill just stick with my salmon borders and my little jack sparrow :)

Uh huh..(Stares blankly) Lol ill just stick with my salmon borders and my little jack sparrow :)
lol.
Soon, when you visit via a phone etc, it will look something like this..
Screen shot 2011-02-06 at 4.48.49 PM.jpg

That would be an example of a mobile style for the site.

Back