Glitch Every Glitch I've Encountered (That I Haven't Seen Reported)

Kennethern

Dockworker
--Gamebreaking Bugs-- Please Fix ASAP
There are a few bugs I encountered that break the game and don't particularly have a work-around as far as I can tell. These are related to either not being able to complete a certain task or instantly killing the player.

- Firebrand Instakills When Breaking Armor -
When I sail around, looting as many ships as possible in my friend's brig, my galleon (when I have crew) or in my Frigate (when I don't), I have an issue when fighting East India ships that use firebrand. It may be with all ships, but I've never had the issue with phantom or British Navy ships. If a firebrand broadside cannonball specifically gets the last hit on the armor on any part of my ships, an abnormally large amount (it almost looks like a particle fountain) of firebrand cannonballs spawn inside of my ship, dealing multiple thousands of damage, instakilling it no matter how much hull I have left. Not sure if that's it's only or exact cause, but from a few times attempting to replicate it, this was the only conclusion I can come up with.

- Phantom Flagships Have Unkillable "Aimbot" Crew -
I've noticed this in all phantom flagships, most notably in the war sloops. There's around a 50/50 chance (100% chance in the sloops) that the undead pirate crew will be bunched in the center of the ship, unmoving and hitting you with every single sword-swing they throw no matter where you are on the ship. I have a level 23 at the moment who is fairly tanky and they die in the matter of 15-30 seconds without tonics. I haven't been able to harm them with any single weapon (though I haven't unlocked staves yet) other than the voodoo doll and I cannot attune them to my voodoo doll unless I use the evil eye skill. Again, I have no idea what causes this but it needs to be fixed.

- Legendary Fish Not Appearing -
I thought it would be fun fishing for the ridiculous and pretty legendary fish, but many of them don't seem to spawn despite meeting all given requirements and fishing for multiple hours. I've read a post from three years ago stating that legendaries were in beta and Mossy Moses didn't appear, but I can't seem to make any legendaries appear in the same way they did in PotCo. Not sure if they're still in beta; if they are, please disregard this.

--Lesser Bugs--
- All Guns Not Hitting Their Target -
Every type of gun, especially blunderbusses, when fired will show damage numbers over an enemy but will not deal damage nor stagger the target. However, any status effects on the bullet such as the slow from Take Aim or venom from Poison Shot will effect the enemy. This effect happens seemingly at random.

- Grenades Not Hitting Their Target -
Every type of grenade, upon hitting the target, does the same thing described above with the guns.

- Game Crashes Upon Going To Jail -
Just as the bug says. You die but before reaching the loading screen the game crashes.

- Memory Leaking Over Time -
The game uses increasing amounts of RAM over time for no real reason. If you turn on "Aggressive Memory Conservation" it prevents this, but causes longer load times, graphical/animation glitches and crashing during longer sessions.

If I encounter more bugs I'll edit this post. I'd also like to thank the developers from the bottom of my nostalgia-filled heart for working on this game without any form of monetization. I really wish there was a way for them to make money off of this, but thanks again for working on it despite the fact you can't gain anything from it.

Back