Extended Double XP time - plea on behalf of community

I am not attacking Punkin, I am just defending my and others rights to post our opinions about the event, and not just being told to be quiet, as if we are not a part of the community.

If you actually read our posts you clearly see us saying that we appreciate punkin pie request we only state our opinion and if you butcher that off as attacking her than youre better off saying nothing.
I actually read your posts, and the majority of the content was argumentative. which in turn could be seen as an attack on punkin, but like i said, lets not turn this into a debate over whether or not you want the x2xp, and be thankful that we have such caring mods and devs!

If you actually read our posts you clearly see us saying that we appreciate punkin pie request we only state our opinion and if you butcher that off as attacking her than youre better off saying nothing.

Look I read all the posts, but this post should be closed honestly because you and a couple others have just become very defensive over the matter and it really isn't a big deal.

When you get told that your opinion is not welcome, you should have the right to defend your position, and that is all I am doing. I don't want to fight anyone but when I feel like I am being excluded I will speak out louder.

When you get told that your opinion is not welcome, you should have the right to defend your position, and that is all I am doing. I don't want to fight anyone but when I feel like I am being excluded I will speak out louder.

And that is fine. No worries.

@Punkin Pie I think that would be a pretty cool idea since there are a lot of those on play times that are were unable to get the double xp due to interruptions. I personally wouldn't be using it because I've got little to not time to play but for those that missed out I think it would be worth it!

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I would like to weigh in on a lot of things said. For starters, nobody is trying to contest your right to provide your opinion on the matter. Just as you wouldn't go on a petition for something just to provide a rationale as to why it isn't a good idea, you shouldn't do the same here. That being said, I think OP and the community provide fair reasoning as servers have been inconsistent lately, to ask for the favor of extending it especially for those with playtimes who had their only available hours taken by updates. Though I personally wouldn't be using it, I think it wouldn't harm the game too much. To me, a lot of the fun of the game starts after reaching a high level. Hunting rares, SvS and other activities that are not as fun or accessible to low levels.

tl;dr - +1 for more XP

Last edited:
@Punkin Pie, I believe this to be such a wonderful idea! Many people were busy over the holidays and didn't get a chance to experience the double reputation. And the ones who did get on, experienced many crashes and even prolonged downtime. And for those of you stating your opinion, you are free to do so. However, once you start suggesting argumentative material, you've lost your right to wear the crown of freedom. It's not just an opinion anymore, and there is nothing to argue about here. State your opinion as you wish, and leave it at that. Don't drag it on, don't tell Pie it's a terrible idea, even if you don't agree with the idea, you still should respect it. I'd personally love another day or so of double reputation as I experienced many crashes myself, especially in the past few days where I maybe got to play 30 minutes or so out of my three hours. Dear @Punkin Pie, some of us do indeed your idea on behalf of the community.

For people against having another day of double XP; if the team decides to add another day you could always make a new character for a day rather then using the extra day on your main character.

I think this whole thread diverged completely off-course. (The OP of this thread dealt with a request in light of special 'circumstance.' Other posts looked at the issue 'generally-speaking' completely void of circumstance). In my opinion, a few wires got crossed and misunderstanding resulted.

Chin_up, and CHEER up, ye pirates. :)

An extended amount of time for dbl xp would be amazing. With all the crashes and server playtime slots being full I have not had the time to play and lvl as much as I would like. The game is rather boring until you can loot consistently and easily.

Aaaaaar-guing aside, I think it would be nice for those who haven't gotten much of a chance to level up their pirates to be given a day or so more to be able to come in and (ab)use it for what it's worth. Those playtime slots are awfully hard to get a hold of, terribly unforgiving I might add!

If you didn't get to play as much as you wanted, I'm sorry, but that's how things go sometimes. Every once in a while, some games will have a double XP weekend, so I thought the length of this particular event was extremely generous. Given how ridiculously long it lasted, and how easy it is to get playtimes that work with your schedule, I just can't see why an extension is necessary. If the game was out of beta, I would agree regarding server downtime... but it's not, and interruptions should be expected. I even got hit with server downtime myself and it wasn't as bad as some here are making it out to be.

If you didn't get to play as much as you wanted, I'm sorry, but that's how things go sometimes. Every once in a while, some games will have a double XP weekend, so I thought the length of this particular event was extremely generous. Given how ridiculously long it lasted, and how easy it is to get playtimes that work with your schedule, I just can't see why an extension is necessary. If the game was out of beta, I would agree regarding server downtime... but it's not, and interruptions should be expected. I even got hit with server downtime myself and it wasn't as bad as some here are making it out to be.

You seem to be missing the point, some people seem to be crashing to desktop more then others.

For example, last night when I used my playtime I crashed 6 times and after the 6th time I gave up, and I was only able to get in about 45 minutes out of a 3 hour playtime. And literally the only thing i was doing is using broadsword on the mob at Kingshead and I was barely able to level up my Notoriety once and my weapon once. And please note each time I crashed I had to sail from Padres back to Kingshead.

I did report the bugs and the causes for them but thats besides the point

The point of doing a double XP event is so people can use it to level up and if half the player base is struggling to do so I can't see the harm in extending it for a few days.

Why should some of us suffer for others good fortune of not crashing as much?

Its not like we would die without more Double XP time but after not being able to use nearly 80% of it it would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Back