Farewell and Fairest of Winds (09/19/13)

jzfredskins

Wiki Staff
hearty-thanks.jpg

Before the last ship sets sail this Thursday, September 19 at noon, the Crew @ Pirates Online wish to sincerely thank ALL ye savvy Pirates for your fantastic support and enthusiasm for Pirates of the Caribbean Online.
'Twas you who made our online adventure in the Caribbean a truly epic one!

We hope you enjoyed this final month of merriment, free play, codes, items, pets, and jolly holidays to their fullest, and that these last weeks help to keep a special corner in yer treasure chest of memories for Pirates Online.

Before noon on Thursday, do not forget to print out yer Pirate's very own Letter of Infamy, courtesy of the Marceline Guild, by clicking here!

Now set a plucky course, mates, and mark ye well -
when fair winds fail, take up yer oars!
warning_36x32.gif

Fair winds be ever yers,
The Crew @ Pirates Online

It is "decent" of them to write the above but even so, I am unsure how to take this for myself (whether good or bad). *This announcement reminds me of when I get sick and I require a hearty dose of medication taken by spoon...
:rumgone:
While I do know that taking such medicine will change things, the good it may bring will take some time to be accepted and work throughout my system and more importantly, I am left with a foul "aftertaste" in my mouth to where I seek to grab ahold of the first glass of water (or, in this case - 'RUM' ) to relief some of the (inner) pain/uncomfortable feelings.

tumblr_inline_mhdfqjDO6T1qz4rgp.gif

Well, I saved that certificate to two computers, lol. I'm hoping that it will lift the spirits of my youngest son who is 6. The boys played their pirates for quite a while tonight, and when I had them log out for the very last time, my youngest was crying... as well as myself, lol. It was really hard to do... harder than I thought. So, this wanted poster may make things easier for at least him... and maybe even myself.

Never shall we die, mates. We will live on. Once a pirate, always a pirate. :xbones:

As I awake on the final morning of the game, I wonder how I shall feel this evening. Potc has always been available even if I did not log on. The last few weeks have been ones of reflection with my friends about how the game was and what we all remember of places and things. Even old faces came back for last trips to sea. My son spent to better part of the day, going to all the bosses and beating them one last time. We screened like mad. I know that the final farewells from yesterday weighed heavy on me. Much will be lost at noon today for all of us. Life will go on and the sting of this day shall fade but my memories of this wonderful journey shall not be forgotten....I shall be on the dock at Port Royal to see the end.

Their announcement rings both wrong and right to me. Surely they were the ones who provided all that fun stuff - even if not so many - and who found a way to bring a pirate spirit in our hearts that still remains beloved and missed at the same time. Yet, I very much dislike, even hate, them for doing this that way, without a warning, without anything, leaving us hanging for 2 years when they had already lost the hope, imagination and courage to keep going. There's of course much more to add but I just feel numb and sort of lost right now.

I'm not going to go on and say my Goodbyes to anyone, since in my point of view our paths will cross again -hopefully as a Community. It's just the Pirate part of our lives ending and all good things come to an end sometime anyway.

~ Fair winds to you all ~
pirate-ship-sunset.jpg

The best they can give us is a not-so-well-made certificate. Something we should all (not) really feel proud of. I think most anyone could put together such a certificate themselves, and I know even more who could have done better, I bet JFR or >.<Kat>.< could top it themselves. In any case.. if they truly cared they would have taken the time to have loads of GM Events, didn't see that though. They really don't appreciate us, just our money bags.

Back