Fastest way to get iron?

SwiftBlade

Honorable Pirate
I haven't played in months and need a refresher, which chests sailing wise is the best way to get iron, also, is there any new codes that give out iron? Thanks TLOPO community.

According to the potco wiki it says iron can be obtained from bounty hunters, however I doubt the wiki says which bounty hunters gives you iron.

Yeah I would say just join public ships and aid them in sinking hunter ships to get as many regular ship material chests as possible for the most chances at iron. It is quite a grind, no two ways about it.

I haven't played in months and need a refresher, which chests sailing wise is the best way to get iron, also, is there any new codes that give out iron? Thanks TLOPO community.
Maybe it's just my limited experiences, but I noticed that many types of English trade ships give a above average iron returns to kill ratio.
But Ned's suggestion about getting on public is an almost certain way to acquire iron.

According to the potco wiki it says iron can be obtained from bounty hunters, however I doubt the wiki says which bounty hunters gives you iron.
I know they give iron, I'm saying is there a certain way to FOR SURE get more iron than OTHER materials, i.e. You get 100 iron, 10 silk, etc.

Only regular ship materials chests can contain iron. Every hunter ship will drop a regular ship materials chest. Although any of the regular old ships may drop a regular ship materials chest that is relatively rare and so your best bet is to sink as many hunters as possible and avoid sinking war ships. I don’t believe that any particular hunter is more or less likely than any other to drop an iron containing chest.

For at least the last week it is very hard to get iron. Harder than usual. I have a friend trying to get steel and she is having the same problem. Have they changed how they dole out these materials??

Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 12.16.15 AM.png

You sure? Seems normal to me, here's todays run...

Back