Training Fastest way to level sailing?

Rob P

Pirate Apprentice
I was just wondering if anyone has discovered a good strategy for leveling sailing with the way ships are acting right now? (moving too fast, broadsides usually don't hit, etc).

If anyone has any tips please let me know!

Going after skelly ships will give you the most rep, but you need to have a frigate or above along with decent broadsides.

I've been told having a crew of two other people is a great way to balance getting the XP bonus and being able to get enough broadsides in without having everyone else sink the ships with their cannons

I've been told to have a crew shoot at a ship's sails while you shoot the broadsides with your ship cannons. Or just go after ships by yourself. The longer it takes to kill something, the more rep you get.

I've been told to have a crew shoot at a ship's sails while you shoot the broadsides with your ship cannons. Or just go after ships by yourself. The longer it takes to kill something, the more rep you get.

This was the go-to for POTCO. This doesn't necessarily give more rep to the captain than sailing alone - you still get the same amount per broadside. But compared to the crew shooting the hull the ship stays alive longer, which means you hit it more with broadsides, which means more rep. Meanwhile the cannoneers get a lot of shots off on the ship before it sinks, meaning they get lots of rep too. And if the captain hasn't sunk the ship before all the sails are ripped off, the crew can sink it, which means you don't waste too much time on a single ship.

For all players involved this is typically the best rep.

However, this does not count so much for hunters, and definitely doesn't count for warships. Each ship can only give so much rep to each player, and with hunters (if you don't have a top tier crew) and warships (no matter your crew) you will reach that maximum rep before it sinks.

Back