Wanted Pirate
5Bwl3Nl.gif

Two questions I have been pondering for a while are:
Is gra/ey spelled gray or grey?
Is it color or colour?

Two questions I have been pondering for a while are:
Is gra/ey spelled gray or grey?
Is it color or colour?
Gray and grey are both correct. Although, gray is more popular in the United States while grey is more common in United Kingdom.
Color is the United States' way of spelling the word. Colour is the way United Kingdom spells it. Clearly, color is the better choice. ;)

Edit: For example, the song Any Colour You Like is by Pink Floyd. They are a British band and therefore used the spelling that is typical of their country.

Last edited:
Gray and grey are both correct. Although, gray is more popular in the United States while grey is more common in United Kingdom.
Color is the United States' way of spelling the word. Colour is the way United Kingdom spells it. Clearly, color is the better choice. ;)

Edit: For example, the song Any Colour You Like is by Pink Floyd. They are a British band and therefore used the spelling that is typical of their country.
Thank you for the answer. I've always been wondering about it.

English is confusing...

This is a fairly intrusive question, wouldn't you say? What makes you think I want to make you privy to that kind of information? As a matter of fact, why do you want to know?
No, I'm not being defensive. That's ridiculous.

This is a fairly intrusive question, wouldn't you say? What makes you think I want to make you privy to that kind of information? As a matter of fact, why do you want to know?
No, I'm not being defensive. That's ridiculous.
I like to be intrusive... WHAT IS YOU FAVORITE COLOR! TELL ME OR YOUR ICE CREAM GETS EATEN!

I like the colors Bright Red and Dark Black...

Back