Favorite Weapons

What is your favorite weapon

• Total voters
No one likes the grenade, aye?

In my humble opinion, grenades never should have been part of the game. (But then, neither should any voodoo - dolls, staves, potions or teleporting.)

Alas, they are here to stay. And horribly important to master, despite the fact that they don't work intuitively. After this summer's updates, I can't say that they work at all...now they fly off in random directions, everywhere except where I aim them.

The 750 health points you get from mastering grenades doesn't just give you more health. Your damage to opponents increases dramatically just from that health increase alone. But the grenade passive skills are essential to survival (especially at sea.) And the thought of doing a colossus flagship now, without rank 5 siege (rank 5 long volley)...ugh, *shudder*. Better have an awesome broadsword handy, if not!

What I hate most about grenades, is that they are so hard to level. Nowhere in the game, is there a clump of grenadiers (or assassins or hired-guns or fly traps) you can reasonably attack as a group. You can wall glitch into the lava for the raiders - or wait until you are level 50 with all other weapons mastered and go to thrall lake for a few weeks. (Clear thralls with other weapons, then collect 5 urchinfists and throw smoke bombs at them.)

Of all weapons, grenades are the only weapon that severely damage you, from normal use on typical enemies.

(Why do I personally hate them? Because I mastered them LAST on my first pirate. Week after week after week in the old tormenta cave, getting +2 rep from each urchinfist - nearly dying with each single enemy defeated. Waiting for groggy. Waiting for health to recharge. Running out of ammo. No wonder I hate tormenta almost as much as grenades.)

Grenades themselves, as massively anti-social. (Ironic, for an inherently social setting, to have anti-social tools.) The main use for mastered grenades, is to siege the mob on Kingshead when rude rep stealers show up. (Be polite, crew up - no problem. Talk trash and jump in using your staff without asking - problem.)

In my humble opinion, grenades never should have been part of the game. (But then, neither should any voodoo - dolls, staves, potions or teleporting.)

Alas, they are here to stay. And horribly important to master, despite the fact that they don't work intuitively. After this summer's updates, I can't say that they work at all...now they fly off in random directions, everywhere except where I aim them.

The 750 health points you get from mastering grenades doesn't just give you more health. Your damage to opponents increases dramatically just from that health increase alone. But the grenade passive skills are essential to survival (especially at sea.) And the thought of doing a colossus flagship now, without rank 5 siege (rank 5 long volley)...ugh, *shudder*. Better have an awesome broadsword handy, if not!

What I hate most about grenades, is that they are so hard to level. Nowhere in the game, is there a clump of grenadiers (or assassins or hired-guns or fly traps) you can reasonably attack as a group. You can wall glitch into the lava for the raiders - or wait until you are level 50 with all other weapons mastered and go to thrall lake for a few weeks. (Clear thralls with other weapons, then collect 5 urchinfists and throw smoke bombs at them.)

Of all weapons, grenades are the only weapon that severely damage you, from normal use on typical enemies.

(Why do I personally hate them? Because I mastered them LAST on my first pirate. Week after week after week in the old tormenta cave, getting +2 rep from each urchinfist - nearly dying with each single enemy defeated. Waiting for groggy. Waiting for health to recharge. Running out of ammo. No wonder I hate tormenta almost as much as grenades.)

Grenades themselves, as massively anti-social. (Ironic, for an inherently social setting, to have anti-social tools.) The main use for mastered grenades, is to siege the mob on Kingshead when rude rep stealers show up. (Be polite, crew up - no problem. Talk trash and jump in using your staff without asking - problem.)
if u only got +2 rep u got a rep problem i mastered them in less then a week at tormenta and there won of the strongest weapons on the game if u use them right

Uh I leveld my gernade from lvl 20-30 pretty easily by going to the ravens cove mine where the 4 ghosts are. I used seige and got great rep plus if you do this higher chance of getting one of the new swords.

Uh I leveld my gernade from lvl 20-30 pretty easily by going to the ravens cove mine where the 4 ghosts are. I used seige and got great rep plus if you do this higher chance of getting one of the new swords.

Were you by yourself Will or did you have a healer with you? I think I might have to try this, as at Darkhart it's going really slow.

i'm with edgar i dont believe that voodoo or grenades should exist in this game but at the same time i've never had a problem with them i level them just as i would anything else takes a bit longer but... i'm not racing anyway lol

As long as your seige is rank 5 you should be good I hardly ever needed to use tonic. If it helps just go to the trainer and make ur skills so that ur siege is as powerful as it can get.

if u only got +2 rep u got a rep problem i mastered them in less then a week at tormenta and there won of the strongest weapons on the game if u use them right

Sorry, didn't mean to mislead you there. I was talking about early 2008 - the game was VERY different back then.

The fastest I've mastered grenades on any Edward (from level 1 to level 30) was 27 hours. I'm sure it could be done faster cheating, but 27 hrs is my fastest. (Yes, I hate them that much.)

Sorry, didn't mean to mislead you there. I was talking about early 2008 - the game was VERY different back then.

The fastest I've mastered grenades on any Edward (from level 1 to level 30) was 27 hours. I'm sure it could be done faster cheating, but 27 hrs is my fastest. (Yes, I hate them that much.)
i didnt cheat u just gotta no how to lvl them and even back then it was easy

Back