Discussion Feedback On Cannon Defense Post-Pypperoni.

JessieTT

Honorable Pirate
Hello, hope you are doing well.

I'm making this thread as the devs requested feedback, and they won't have any until someone plays using these new features, so I'm simply sharing my experience with Cannon Defense, a game-mode riddled with lag, bugs and crashes, and a game-mode that I really enjoy.

So, before Pypperoni I wanted to get as high as possible in Cannon Defense in terms of waves, however as I'm sure a lot of you know, it was riddled with lag, fps problems and most of all, crashes.
I spent a lot of time in Cannon Defense, and always did well for the most part, however crashes were frequent and undid whole days of progress, hindering potential higher waves.

PRE-PYPPERONI:
My highest wave was 143 pre-pypperoni, during this run I had solo'd to wave 52, and then other people started to join.
On this run, everyone on my team kept crashing. Once we got to around 100, they were inexplicably frequent and were constantly resetting our progress. We managed to get to 143 even with this hindering us. This was the last screenshot I managed to take before we crashed for good.
screenshot_2020-03-18_15-53-45.jpg

Overall, this was not a very enjoyable experience. Crashes started around wave 90, and only increased with frequency. Ships had horrible latency lag, that everyone was experiencing, and being kicked out every 10 waves and having our progress reset made us not want to play.

POST-PYPPERONI:
So I've only had the time to play 1 game of Cannon Defense, due to the nature of the game-mode and the fact the update has been out for 1 day. This time, I once again solo'd to around 52 and people started to join after that. It ran very smoothly.
Wave 90 approached and I was expecting crashes to being, however they did not. At this point ships were not lagging and the server was running great.
Around wave 130, the ships started to lag, however this was a great improvement on pre-pypperoni CD.
Around wave 150, the lag got pretty severe, however at this point I had spent about 5-6 hours in CD, so this was to be expected. I still had not crashed to this point, and neither did anyone else.
I was planning to go to wave 200, as it would be a new personal best, however, the game went down for an update so I only got to wave 180. Disappointing, but understandable given the update came out yesterday. It would have been interesting to push the limits and see how far we could go with the new patch, but that's life.
screenshot_2020-03-24_17-02-29.jpg

screenshot_2020-03-24_17-18-28.jpg

screenshot_2020-03-24_17-19-42.jpg

All in all, the devs hit it out of the park with this update. Cannon Defense went from being unplayable post-wave 90, to being fully playable almost into the 200's.

Thanks devs, Cannon Defense is great again.

Attachments

• screenshot_2020-03-24_17-18-28.jpg
    screenshot_2020-03-24_17-18-28.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 58
I know it probably isn't possible, but it would be nice if there was a way to keep your levels and the ammo level you were at if you disconnected during the game. Like the message we get knocked off and they let us rejoin our crew when we come back.

Back