Question Feedback screen in game.

squintz

Pirate Lord
Ahoy. Question about giving feedback.
Is there a thread explaining the form in game, or what exactly, with examples perhaps as to how to fill in 'steps to reproduction'? Searching the forums hasn't worked so far.

TIA.

2c52bfc2b874aa570fa022a1da1c4436.png

This is a example of how you can fill in the 'Steps to Reproduce' part of the form.

Other than that there are no real examples or anything about putting the current feedback form best to use. I would just suggest you to file any bug reports on the forums since the ingame feedback form is just very inconvenient with the character limits and so on.

2c52bfc2b874aa570fa022a1da1c4436.png

This is a example of how you can fill in the 'Steps to Reproduce' part of the form.

Other than that there are no real examples or anything about putting the current feedback form best to use. I would just suggest you to file any bug reports on the forums since the ingame feedback form is just very inconvenient with the character limits and so on.
Okay thanks. Guess simple stuff will suffice. Still use it although it is simple. I was also wondering when we submit that, is there some sort of internal timestamp/info data sent in by the in game function to match to our data log or something. We don't see this but perhaps the devs get a data dump when submitted. Or is that too logical?

Okay thanks. Guess simple stuff will suffice. Still use it although it is simple. I was also wondering when we submit that, is there some sort of internal timestamp/info data sent in by the in game function to match to our data log or something. We don't see this but perhaps the devs get a data dump when submitted. Or is that too logical?
I assume that they get a timestamp and any other possible useful information and all that when you submit a bug report ingame.

Ahoy. Question about giving feedback.
Is there a thread explaining the form in game, or what exactly, with examples perhaps as to how to fill in 'steps to reproduction'? Searching the forums hasn't worked so far.

TIA.
It's to explain the steps of how you got the error.

I.e. If you experienced an error while using a cannon on a ship during the black pearl boss battle. You'd want to do something similar to the following:
  1. Go to the Black Pearl Boss Battle.
  2. Defeat enemy sailors/ships/forts.
  3. Do not take the wheel, go to a cannon.
  4. Upon shooting the Goliath, xyz happened.
This makes it so developers can try to "recreate" the issue you experienced. If the issue is reproducible, it is significantly easier to fix. Often times at this stage in development, most issues are freak incidents which are difficult to reproduce. So for the few issues that are able to be reproduced, having the steps shown to you will make it so the issue gets fixed faster.

Furthermore, even seeing the steps in general gives the staff an idea of what you were doing at the time of the issue, and helps narrow down where the problem may be located.

The goal is to remove generalization from issues, as well as aid in resolving issues that do not directly result in a crash (these are impossible to be known without reports).

It's to explain the steps of how you got the error.

I.e. If you experienced an error while using a cannon on a ship during the black pearl boss battle. You'd want to do something similar to the following:
  1. Go to the Black Pearl Boss Battle.
  2. Defeat enemy sailors/ships/forts.
  3. Do not take the wheel, go to a cannon.
  4. Upon shooting the Goliath, xyz happened.
This makes it so developers can try to "recreate" the issue you experienced. If the issue is reproducible, it is significantly easier to fix. Often times at this stage in development, most issues are freak incidents which are difficult to reproduce. So for the few issues that are able to be reproduced, having the steps shown to you will make it so the issue gets fixed faster.

Furthermore, even seeing the steps in general gives the staff an idea of what you were doing at the time of the issue, and helps narrow down where the problem may be located.

The goal is to remove generalization from issues, as well as aid in resolving issues that do not directly result in a crash (these are impossible to be known without reports).
Aye, thank you very much. I thought it was something like that but wasen't sure. That shouldn't e too difficult to spend a minute on.

Back