Request Few small candles in The Watcher's Hovel

Add more lighting to The Watcher's Hovel?

• Yes.

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • No.

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters

Charles Warmonk

Wiki Staff
As many of you have experienced, the Hovel is suppose to be a "Spooky" time for players to look a powerful boss in a small space. - Giving little options besides gathering a large crew to fight the boss. However, I think we can all agree that the "Darkness" of the Hovel is just a bit... much.

My request is to simply give the room some SLIGHTLY better lighting, instead of all textures simply being covered in well, pitch black.

nah. honestly I was thinking its too bright in here.
dark.gif

Negative... you will literally nerf the fun out of the hovel...

I don't think you want that- hundreds would be disappointed!

While I agree that removing the intended atmosphere of the hovel would be sort of pointless, I feel like the opposition is much more 50/50 than you say. There are many players who spend their time in the hovel that simply do not enjoy the strain that the darkness has on their eyes.

With that being said, I feel as if the atmosphere could be toned up, somewhat. Nothing monumental, just a simple shift in lighting to be easier on the eyes. There is always a possibility to manage the fog, or haze in the hovel, tuning that while shifting the actual brightness up marginally to achieve the same effect, without the darkness.

Just a thought, anyway. I don't feel as if a proper lighting should be added to the hovel, it really just takes away from the atmosphere that was designed.

Too much of a fire hazard, against the building code. I agree that the Hovel is dark and that this makes the bright flashes, particularly from wither but also from swords, very taxing on the brain. Still I feel it’s part of the game and would be less unique if it were less dark.

While I agree that removing the intended atmosphere of the hovel would be sort of pointless, I feel like the opposition is much more 50/50 than you say. There are many players who spend their time in the hovel that simply do not enjoy the strain that the darkness has on their eyes.

With that being said, I feel as if the atmosphere could be toned up, somewhat. Nothing monumental, just a simple shift in lighting to be easier on the eyes. There is always a possibility to manage the fog, or haze in the hovel, tuning that while shifting the actual brightness up marginally to achieve the same effect, without the darkness.

Just a thought, anyway. I don't feel as if a proper lighting should be added to the hovel, it really just takes away from the atmosphere that was designed.
Everyone has what is known as gamma on their graphic cards or windows graphic settings. I turned mine up a tinge and can see fine.
Almost too good.

Back