Question Firefox Support?

Layla Littlenymph

Pirate Apprentice
Since my last Firefox update, I have been able to load the forum but unable to log in and join conversations.
I seem to have no issues with MS Edge, but prefer using Firefox as my primary browser. Is anyone else having an issue with Firefox, or is it something on my end?

If you're using Firefox with an ad blocker, it can prevent the login prompt from opening correctly. We don't run ads, but it winds up blocking it because we try to load in support for logging in from Google/Facebook/Twitter. To work around this, you can just right click on the login button and open the login page in a new tab (or go to https://piratesforums.co/login).

What issues are you experiencing with conversations?

Thanks, Davy.

It is very rare for me to use an ad blocker. I frequent a lot of small and independent sites and understand that many of them rely on those ads to make ends meet.

The issue I have with conversations is that not being able to log in confines me to "guest" status.
When I try to log in using Firefox, the log in panel attempts to load but never does so.

We don't run ads

Sorry- but what do you guys refer to this as?
Screenshot at Jan 25 17-56-17.png

Sorry- but what do you guys refer to this as?
View attachment 99585
Fair enough, I suppose we do display minimal advertising. Still, it should be noted that these are sourced from a pool of community content creators and served as non-intrusive static images. We genuinely believe they may be of some interest to the community (though it'd be fair to say we should update and maybe expand the selection at some point, but that's not a priority at the moment). These placements are offered at no cost, so we do not rely on them as a means of financial support. As such, anybody is more than welcome to block them if they find them particularly troublesome.

Anyways, this is mostly irrelevant to the thread so please make a new one, post on my profile, or send me a PM if you wish to discuss this topic further.

Since my last Firefox update, I have been able to load the forum but unable to log in and join conversations.
I seem to have no issues with MS Edge, but prefer using Firefox as my primary browser. Is anyone else having an issue with Firefox, or is it something on my end?
My apology for the self-quote but the last sentence in my post was in the form of a question that I hoped would generate a response. I consider it to be the most important part of the post, which is why I placed it last.
If it is a small minority of Firefox users that are having this issue, that indicates it is something we could perhaps correct on our end. If it is the majority of Firefox users that are affected, there is most likely little we could do other than to report the issue. With that in mind, let me rephrase the question.

If you are a Firefox user, would you please post whether you are, or are not, having log in issues?

Thanks.

Layla I always use Firefox and I have no problems using Firefox. I have no problems logging into Forums on here or any other forums I belong too or any other site. It could be something on your side?

Layla I always use Firefox and I have no problems using Firefox. I have no problems logging into Forums on here or any other forums I belong too or any other site. It could be something on your side?
Thanks, Sarge.
It very well could be on my end, which is why I wanted to hear from other Firefox users, so thanks much for your feedback.
It is a little curious, though, that this is the only site I'm having the issue with... so far... Arrr! I think I just jinxed meself

Clean your browser/history out but make sure you do not clean out saved passwords or log in for sites,might help some. Uninstall and reinstall Firefox? Have you tried that?

Again, I can only reproduce this issue with an ad-blocker enabled. If you right click (or ctrl+click) and open the login page in a new tab, you should still be able to login normally.
I am not using an ad-blocker but right-clicking to open the login page DOES work. I have no idea why that is the case, but I'm happy to do that if it gets me where I want to be. It would not have occurred to me to even try doing that, so I thank you for the suggestion. I appreciate everyone's input and consider this issue resolved.

Time to start plundering! :D

Back