FIREWALL PROBLEM........PLEASE HELP ME

Cap'ain Valentine

Wanted Pirate
i recently bought a new laptop that operates windows7
and i downloaded POTCO like you would do whenever you enter from a new computer
wich took me about 250 mins then there is the second loading which takes up to 6HOURS for me
wich i was okaay with but after a few days when i tried it again i had to do all of it back!!!!
...np i thought it was the QAR update.....the next day I HAD TO DO IT AGAIN...!!!!!
while iwas downloading<<<and i wasnt okay with it this time>>> it took me to "there is a bug"
page, it told me there is a problem please locate the file called "p3dpythonw" and then something to do with my firewall and i have to make sure that the portals 83..i think and 803 and another number.....i really cant remember the numbers...anyway i located that file and i have no idea what to do next<<<<<im not a "technic" guy as you can see
PS: same problem happnes with the luancher
PLEASE HELP ME

For me when I received this, I had to shut down my Nortons. Once I did that and got the game up and running, all was good.Try turning off your virus software, and then load the game.

how? my nortons is just a free version and keeps asking me to update(i dunno why i just bought the thing) so i dont think its working now....if it was how do i shut it down
For me when I received this, I had to shut down my Nortons. Once I did that and got the game up and running, all was good.Try turning off your virus software, and then load the game.

You have to turn off you firewall protection when downloading the game. do not have any other windows open that might be holding bugs or viruses. I would suggest only having Pirates open. Then you download the game. After online tunr your firewall back on and it shold work for the next few times as well. This has happened to many its not only you.

i recently bought a new laptop that operates windows7
and i downloaded POTCO like you would do whenever you enter from a new computer
wich took me about 250 mins
First of all that is killer.
then there is the second loading which takes up to 6HOURS for me
wich i was okaay with but after a few days when i tried it again i had to do all of it back!!!!
Second of all that is crazy.
...np i thought it was the QAR update.....the next day I HAD TO DO IT AGAIN...!!!!!
Third of all... <---that is silence because I don't know what to say. What is your internet type? That is nuts. Are you on dial-up or a basic DSL? If it's a new laptop, that insane download time is due to your internet, (or a weak router). Not trying to put you down, that download time just isn't right!
while iwas downloading<<<and i wasnt okay with it this time>>> it took me to "there is a bug"
page, it told me there is a problem please locate the file called "p3dpythonw" and then something to do with my firewall and i have to make sure that the portals 83..i think and 803 and another number.....i really cant remember the numbers...anyway i located that file and i have no idea what to do next<<<<<im not a "technic" guy as you can see
PS: same problem happnes with the luancher
PLEASE HELP ME
Fourth, do you know if you have windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit? (If you don't know how, or there isn't a sticker on your laptop do Start Menu. And right click on "Computer" and click properties and it will tell you) If you are running Windows 7 64-bit. I could NOT get POTCO to install on Win 7-64. (Which if it isn't fixed now Disney has GOT to get that fixed, tons of people have that OS...) I had to do some computer wizardry to install the game. But after I got it installed, the POTCO launcher and game work on Windows 7 64.

If this doesn't seem like your problem (or you are on Windows 7 32-bit) do as Tom said above. Disable your firewall, and while I can't believe it'd go that far, the "built-in" windows firewall if it still is giving you the error (that's on your control panel). Hopefully that will let it install, and run. If after you get it installed and you turn on your firewall(s) and the launcher is still throwing that error, the Windows firewall and whatever "other" firewall you have, (norton, etc.) usually have a function where you can list a specific program on a "safe list", and the computer will ignore that program and see it as a safe program and not throw up any flags about it. And allow anything associated with it to pass through the firewall freely. I hope you get your problem fixed without too much trouble.

~Etar1pAI[/quote]

I refuse to have Norton. We had issues in the past with it, one of them being that after we paid for another year of protection, the program never worked right. So, we went with Defender Pro. Right now I have the Defender Pro 2010 15 in 1 installed. It is good for up to 3 computers and has a gaming mode. I'm sure you can get an new version at Wal-Mart where we purchased ours or through their site. Google them if you want to.

First: Do not ever have the Windows Firewall running while your AVP Firewall is running. Its not necessary and it does slow down your computer.
Second: Call your AVP support. They can guide you through the steps you need to take to add POTCO to your "Safe List."
Third: Never do the Windows auto download and install of updates. Always do it manually. There are al lot of updates they come out with that arent necessary for every computer. I've had issues with Windows updates in the past causing problems witn POTCO and other programs.
Fourth: Never call POTCO or do the live chat to help you with your computer AVP issues. They are not experts in AVPs. All they can tell you to do is stuff that relates to the game itself.
Lastly: If you ever find yourself unhappy with any AVP, do research on all that are available. I love Defender Pro and will never use anything else. Others like the Norton 360. Everyone is different, but find one that suits you and your needs.

Fourth, do you know if you have windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit? (If you don't know how, or there isn't a sticker on your laptop do Start Menu. And right click on "Computer" and click properties and it will tell you) If you are running Windows 7 64-bit. I could NOT get POTCO to install on Win 7-64. (Which if it isn't fixed now Disney has GOT to get that fixed, tons of people have that OS...) I had to do some computer wizardry to install the game. But after I got it installed, the POTCO launcher and game work on Windows 7 64.

~Etar1pAI

I have never had any trouble installing and playing on POTCO launcher with Win 7 - 64 :p And thankfully there was no wizardry involved at all for me to make it work lol

I have never had any trouble installing and playing on POTCO launcher with Win 7 - 64 :p And thankfully there was no wizardry involved at all for me to make it work lol

Hmm...maybe my firewall was giving me heck too ;) ...I never figured that one out. I don't remember now as it was last year, but the installer wouldn't even start the wizard to start the install process for me. The game runs beautifully like you say after I got the bugger installed.

~Etar1pAI

Hmm...maybe my firewall was giving me heck too ;) ...I never figured that one out. I don't remember now as it was last year, but the installer wouldn't even start the wizard to start the install process for me. The game runs beautifully like you say after I got the bugger installed.

~Etar1pAI

I AM 764 WHAT IS THE SOLUTION
Is this the first time your playing on a Laptop? Can I see the Specs?

nope i was using 3 laptops before it all were smooth all were xp

If it's a constant recurring error, can you post a screen shot of it or write it down word for word? Maybe I or someone else can research it? If there happens to be an "advanced" or similar option to click when the error occurs...try to capture that too.

According to Cathryne, apparently the game now (or maybe it always did) installs fine on Win 7-64. But it'll be easier to diagnose if we know exactly what error you are getting.

~Etar1pAI

This has happened to not only to me, but...other members as well here on forums.

Check out this thread (although I believe there is a 'better' thread out there explaining more detail).

https://piratesforums.co/threads/p3dpythonw-exe-error.1868/

Basically for me, I had to uninstall my Norton "Internet Security" ( then make necessary game updates) & then...reinstall Norton again to be able to logged onto game after Disney decided to make the necessary reset. *If this does not work for you, try to look into disabling Norton's SONAR capability temporarily & see if that works.

Good Luck ;)

i use a panda program for anti virus and had to put disney on a safe list so i could download. as for downloading the game, the first time was a few years ago and it took 16 hours on dial up. now that's insane. with DSL it takes less than a hour. good luck with the proublem.

UNINSTALL THE WHOLE THINH!!!
This has happened to not only to me, but...other members as well here on forums.

Check out this thread (although I believe there is a 'better' thread out there explaining more detail).

https://piratesforums.co/threads/p3dpythonw-exe-error.1868/

Basically for me, I had to uninstall my Norton "Internet Security" ( then make necessary game updates) & then...reinstall Norton again to be able to logged onto game after Disney decided to make the necessary reset. *If this does not work for you, try to look into disabling Norton's SONAR capability temporarily & see if that works.

Good Luck ;)

Back