fishing boat taking damage for no reason

colashake97

Swashbuckler
So I launched a fishing boat from pdf earlier (this was in abassa btw, if that has any significance), and I was about to sail it over to the Tortuga-Devil's Anvil area. Suddenly, I heard this "crunch crunch crunch" and my right hull was losing hp really fast, so I sailed forward trying to get away, but it didn't stop, so I let go of the wheel. The boat stopped taking damage.
screenshot_2013-07-10_17-24-29.jpg

At first I thought there must have been some other ship having a fight with an enemy ship near port, and I just got in between them. I started fishing, (the flaming hull bothered me a little bit and was making me lag, so I switched to the other side). After a few minutes, the boat suddenly
sank, and this was on my screen:
screenshot_2013-07-10_17-34-10.jpg

I hadn't been paying attention to the ship's health, but it seemed to me like the ship lost all of its health in a single second.

The boat sank and I went to jail...upon closer inspection, I realized it might have been another pirate ship that sank me...because the only other ships I saw parked at pdf were pirate ships, and the fishing boat never had the nautical bane bounty flag. Also, the ship shown at the top of the screen when I was sinking (shown in the screenshot) was named the Outlaw Rogue. SVS prank glitch maybe?

Either way, it was really annoying. I am never launching a fishing boat in abassa ever again.update: i launched my war frigate and the same thing happened (this was after i logged out and logged back in). then i switched servers and launched my ship and it was fine; i went back to abassa and tried again and it happened again... except this time i x-ed out before the ship sunk. i hope this glitch isnt permanent...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had many fishing boats sunk by "hackers".
One day someone kept giving away my location as I changed servers and got new fish boats, they kept sinking us ( 4 times ). Everyone on the fishboat of course goes to jail, just as if you were on your regular ship after getting sunk.
It just happened again this week as a matter of fact, and I caught a screen right before it sunk. "Sea Nemesis" sunk it this time.
jelly ship.png

"Thanks" to you both for providing the ship names. *I have written them down and will PM you if I discover the ship owners.
:flag1:

I SvS alot and they are both definitely SvSers. They have full gunner crews with no reload glitch and they cheat all the time. I do not know the owners of the ships, but I would like to.

:( why do people think it is fun to sink other peoples' ships outside the bounds of SvS?? :cursing:

To quote Peter Griffin, "You know what grinds my gears?" These kind of people.

Also, the ship shown at the top of the screen when I was sinking (shown in the screenshot) was named the Outlaw Rogue. SVS prank glitch maybe?
colashake97 Nope! The "Outlaw Rogue" is a normal Light sloop (as seen within the ending to this video):

Video was uploaded 2 days ago, on 7/9/2013.

Had the same thing happen when launching from PDF.

They closed down for maintenance last night - hopefully they're patching whatever hack that is people are using.

happens only on abassa its a unlimited access player named pirate level 9 sunk me precious wicked wolf then i seen his ship was open so i boarded it ad found him i sent pvp and he logged off only does it around padres tho hope i helped

Get off of the wheel, position yourself so that you can see the ship attacking you, press Shift-F1 and then take a screen shot. Sent the evidence to Disney and demand they patch the game so that these hackers can no longer ruin the game for others.

Back