Fishing, How To Catch Fish

Bella

Site Founder
i read Wills advice on the fishing, but i still dont get it, there has got to be some secret, i just cant get past level three, please tell me, we just dont have to wait till the fish decide to bite, just dont have the patience, or at least tell me things, to do, while i sit there and wait,....twiddle my thumbs, watch tv, talk on the phone, etc, etc...somebody must have some inventive ideas to keep us from falling asleep during fishing :(

The site seems broad enough and i agree with EVERYTHING Sven had to say especially about getting drops... Johnny Mak could not pay for anything nowadays... and there is more legendary and rare items than before LOL. Fishing (somehow) seems to be something ALOT of people are having issues with i for some reason... maybe the game just took into account i'm from the upper most tip of michigan and the fish just give in i dunno but i dont see the issue so many are having. Bella the easiest way to fish is go for whatever gives you the most points in my book... if the lure is by any of the small fish at the beginning they should go for it long as they are facing it. early on the Anthias (pretty red fish :)) grouper (eel looking yellowish fish), and the hatchet fish(looks like a piranha. after level 5 i hit anything worth 100 exp and up dragon fish ( looks like a skin and bones fish) black chimera (long green fish with purple fins) then the barracuda, and wolf fish. level 15 and up... pretty much anything ugly except for the fat brown fish (coelacanth or something like that) is worth catching. biggest thing to remember is if you dont want a fish when they are getting near and recognize the lure click your mouse it scares them off and lets your lure drop. as you get further along the levels youll notice that sometimes youll lose a lure because you didnt realize you pretty much planted it into a fish on your toss lol if you need any more help either hit me up or check out this site http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Fishing i checked them out for some of the names of fish. I do not charge for fishing lessons lol

The player's guide has a hint "Legendary Fish can only be caught when casting from a Fishing Boat."

It doesn't mention that you have to have ALL regular fish, before you ever even can get a legendary. (Check your treasures page.)

i read Wills advice on the fishing, but i still dont get it, there has got to be some secret, i just cant get past level three, please tell me, we just dont have to wait till the fish decide to bite, just dont have the patience, or at least tell me things, to do, while i sit there and wait,....twiddle my thumbs, watch tv, talk on the phone, etc, etc...somebody must have some inventive ideas to keep us from falling asleep during fishing :(

I always hit the space bar and recast. Every time I have got a legendary I didn't have to wait long!

svens right any legendarys i have caught have always been within a minute or less of casting just sitting it down as far to the right and down just keep using sink and pause. Edward is that true that you have to have them all... maybe thats why it took so long on test but over here on live i dont know if i have all the regular fish and i've got 3 of the 5 on Jason

svens right any legendarys i have caught have always been within a minute or less of casting just sitting it down as far to the right and down just keep using sink and pause. Edward is that true that you have to have them all... maybe thats why it took so long on test but over here on live i dont know if i have all the regular fish and i've got 3 of the 5 on Jason
Hey you should make a video doing that just so that people can actually see, any chances you can do that?

let me see what i can do :) lol i'm almost mastered on my baby pirate so from there i'll see if i cant catch a legendary on video if anyone else does it first my hat is off to you lol i'd love to see what we can get

Ok you get better fish when in a boat even if ur fishing isnt level 10 you can still get on a boat and you can catch them easier in my opinion. I recommend catching fish that are worth more rep only after you've caught one of each for your collection. Just catch them and level and unfortunatley leveling from 5 to 15 will be boring unless you like fishing as much as me, but just stick it out for a while and you to can catch a legendary fish like me:p

Hey you should make a video doing that just so that people can actually see, any chances you can do that?

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=potco+legendary+fish

Quite a few there already! lol

I didn't see any that show the regular fish moments before, but as he said, just cast out far and sink the lure twice and wait a minute or two. No bites after 5 good casts? Switch baskets. Moving the boat is superfluous - only if you need new scenery to look at.

My problem is catching the legendary. I have caught three and have lost countless! Maybe I get too nervous LOL

The site seems broad enough and i agree with EVERYTHING Sven had to say especially about getting drops... Johnny Mak could not pay for anything nowadays... and there is more legendary and rare items than before LOL. Fishing (somehow) seems to be something ALOT of people are having issues with i for some reason... maybe the game just took into account i'm from the upper most tip of michigan and the fish just give in i dunno but i dont see the issue so many are having. Bella the easiest way to fish is go for whatever gives you the most points in my book... if the lure is by any of the small fish at the beginning they should go for it long as they are facing it. early on the Anthias (pretty red fish :)) grouper (eel looking yellowish fish), and the hatchet fish(looks like a piranha. after level 5 i hit anything worth 100 exp and up dragon fish ( looks like a skin and bones fish) black chimera (long green fish with purple fins) then the barracuda, and wolf fish. level 15 and up... pretty much anything ugly except for the fat brown fish (coelacanth or something like that) is worth catching. biggest thing to remember is if you dont want a fish when they are getting near and recognize the lure click your mouse it scares them off and lets your lure drop. as you get further along the levels youll notice that sometimes youll lose a lure because you didnt realize you pretty much planted it into a fish on your toss lol if you need any more help either hit me up or check out this site http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Fishing i checked them out for some of the names of fish. I do not charge for fishing lessons lol

Johnny, i took your advice, and now.......I LOVE FISHING!, i even have clothes picked out to wear just for when i go fishing, you know bella always wears dresses, but not fishing, lol, i even went on a fishing boat, and that was fun, there are so many more types of fish, and once you start catching them, its like just one after another now,...who would think....
EDIT (Nov 18, 2010 7:09 PM):
Ok you get better fish when in a boat even if ur fishing isnt level 10 you can still get on a boat and you can catch them easier in my opinion. I recommend catching fish that are worth more rep only after you've caught one of each for your collection. Just catch them and level and unfortunatley leveling from 5 to 15 will be boring unless you like fishing as much as me, but just stick it out for a while and you to can catch a legendary fish like me:p

Are we talking about you or the fish, :oops:just kidding, you know i love you will!

I have caught all 5 legend fish on my small pirate Tarter Sauce(he is level 33 note and every weapon is level 1 lol)only have done fishing on him and that is all I will do.I stay between Devils Anvil towards Port Royal or Tortuga.I stay at least 15 mins in each fishing spot on the fishing boat.I get 1 legend fish in the first 30 mins.

I never cought one but i had a fire dragon on my line but i dont now what to do lol it i not like the real fishing in the game .
EDIT (Jan 11, 2011 at 6:42 PM):
I never cought one but i had a fire dragon on my line but i dont now what to do lol it i not like the real fishing in the game .

Back