Fishing problems

Ishvallan

Buccaneer
Has anyone else noticed an extreme difference in difficulty in fishing? When I started a new pirate Oct 2018 I was able to level up fishing to 20 in a few hours no problem. But in recent weeks I have noticed high level fishing to be MUCH harder than it ever has been before. At this point I lose at least 1 lure every time I try to catch any deep see fish. Have anything less than perfect reflexes to stop reeling and your line is instantly destroyed. It is very expensive and very difficult to level up fishing or to try to farm for gold. If the gold or reputation farming is the reason behind an increase in difficulty, would it not make more sense to simply reduce the amount given from fishing rather than to penalize people for playing the minigame? As is fishing costs at least around 12k gold just to level it up (not counting fishing boats or lures), no other skill but sailing requires you to spend anything to level it up. But to have it cost thousands in lures to try to get it mastered or make some money or find certain items is damaging to enjoyment of that aspect of the game.

I have not found it to be that difficult. 2 or 3 long sessions to level 20. and I can attribute just about all of my lure losses to operator error. I can imagine that lure loss would be more extreme if you were experiencing any lag.

Lag hasn't been a problem since I started playing on a new laptop. But the deep sea fish just instantly destroy the line instead of it being a sliding scale based on value of the fish like it used to be. It just feels like that line strength line instantly bottoms out even with the lv 3 heal line ability if you hold it for like 1/10th of a second. You have to predict when the fish might pull and just waste time that used to be good for reeling.

Thats REALLY weird then because it is consistent across all 3 of my pirates. The tier 1 and 2 fish don't do it, only the tier 3.

Hi, fishing is fine you just need a fishing boat and to stay far away from the islands because the fireworks give mega LAG!

I found the last pirate I maxed in fishing did lose more lures than I previously did with other characters I have. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong but now I wonder.

My basic technique for high-level fishing is to start reeling and tug as soon as they fight to cancel their tug then immediately pull them using the other skill.
Remember: Sand tigers for gold, Goblin sharks for loot

Back