Fishing- the lure's health needs to increases as you level up.

Mantha

Swashbuckler
I've always absolutely loved the fishing aspect to this game, and at long last I've finally reached the Master Rod, only to find out that every deep-level fish can destroy your lure faster than your brain can tell your finger to let go of the mouse button. It happens so fast I literally can't even react, and I lose lure after lure after lure, to the point that it's just not fair, nor worth the stress.
There's already a mechanic where your reel speed increases every other level, so I think it would be easy to add a mechanic where your lure's health gets stronger as you level up. This would make fishing finally worth the 10,000 gold it costs for a Master Rod!

No, it's nothing to do with lag. I'm saying that the strength of the lure never increases as you level up, and so when the large fish like the sharks, anglers, megamouths, etc do their struggling bit, they're so much stronger than your fishing line that you'll lose the lure before you hardly have time to react and let go of the mouse.

i've lost my lure to just tuna after only a second sometimes because of how hard they pull back

Back