Fishing

Not sure, I dont fish much.
Until the crashing itself is stabilized a bit more, could fishing boats be purchased with lesser amounts of gold (to make things 'temporarily' fair)?

I ask because a fishing boat cannot be used in any other way (to provide gold and/or plunder for anyone). Therefore, if it's sole purpose is for fishing and it costs as much gold as it does it would be ideal if the gold it cost to purchase said canoe is temporarily adjusted.

There are many other aspects of the game that are effected by the crashes. If we were to modify the amount of gold that fishing boats cost, we would have to modify everything else.

There are many other aspects of the game that are effected by the crashes. If we were to modify the amount of gold that fishing boats cost, we would have to modify everything else.
The crashes are inevitable and it's been said many times this is what to expect with semi-open Beta. I guess what I am trying to say is, the crashing itself is being readily looked-into; no doubt. Likely, TLOPO is working double-time to fix things as it stands. :) I guess what I see a lot of people asking is until the crashing is completely stabilized issues which deal with things which could be altered...these are issues in and of themselves which deal with customer service (aka TLOPO's player-base).

To appease everyone in the midst of the crashing experienced, perhaps TLOPO could adjust a few things temporarily to guarantee that some aspects of (Beta phase) game-play serves it's purpose. In other words and in this instance, lowering the price of a fishing boat equates to a less frustrated Beta experience and players, in-turn, focus themselves more on (other) important aspects of Beta game-play which then equates to TLOPO achieving quicker it's main goal.

The people-side of the experience is a gateway to that goal...

The crashes are inevitable and it's been said many times this is what to expect with semi-open Beta. I guess what I am trying to say is, the crashing itself is being readily looked-into; no doubt. Likely, TLOPO is working double-time to fix things as it stands. :) I guess what I see a lot of people asking is until the crashing is completely stabilized issues which deal with things which could be altered...these are issues in and of themselves which deal with customer service (aka TLOPO's player-base).

To appease everyone in the midst of the crashing experienced, perhaps TLOPO could adjust a few things temporarily to guarantee that some aspects of (Beta phase) game-play serves it's purpose. In other words and in this instance, lowering the price of a fishing boat equates to a less frustrated Beta experience and players, in-turn, focus themselves more on (other) important aspects of Beta game-play which then equates to TLOPO achieving quicker it's main goal.

The people-side of the experience is a gateway to that goal...
Honestly changing a bunch of values for everything that is affected by crashing would probably be more work than its worth. While some values are in fact defined in "global" files that are easy to do quick edits to, not everything is, and it may cause some unintended side effects if the same value is used somewhere else. Programming in actual work-arounds to this would just take away time that could be put towards fixing the overall issue in the first place.

Last edited:
The root of the problem here is the frequency of the crashes. I know you've all heard this already, but it is being worked on, and it will be fixed ASAP. Players just have to hang on and be patient, this would make life for the developers so much easier.

I do go on public when I can. When there weren't any available I splurged lol.

Just clarifying:
I was kinda posting cause it's "funny"/my luck. Figured stuff like this happens to all of us during beta at some point and everyone could commiserate.
No worries!

Back