Workaround [FIX] Game crashing / d3dx9_4x.dll is missing when clicking play

Divine

Pirate Lord
So i see a lot of people getting the 2 common errors, and I'll show you the fixes for windows. If there is any other issue you're having let me know, and I'll see if I can find a fix to add to this tutorial:

upload_2017-5-22_15-39-12.png

This issue only states that you don't have the latest directx9 runtimes installed.

Fix by going to this link and downloading and installing the directx9 runtime program.

If installing directX9 doesn't work, google and download the .dll you're missing and place it in the TLOPO directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\TLOPO"
Thanks to @RoseFox for the insight!

upload_2017-5-22_15-43-14.png

I don't know the cause of this issue, but it can be fixed by simply setting your display option to openGL

upload_2017-5-22_15-44-23.png

upload_2017-5-22_15-44-41.png

Last edited:
Using OpenGL is the safest bet for now if you're having issues with DirectX. If your issues are unrelated to DirectX (if they still happen while using OpenGL) then it is likely they are unrelated to this problem.

Using OpenGL is the safest bet for now if you're having issues with DirectX. If your issues are unrelated to DirectX (if they still happen while using OpenGL) then it is likely they are unrelated to this problem.
I'm using openGL Never even touched directx I checked display options just to make sure multiple times, The error still occurs and none of the above fixes work.

I'm using openGL Never even touched directx I checked display options just to make sure multiple times, The error still occurs and none of the above fixes work.
The above fixes are only for DirectX and have nothing to do with OpenGL. If you're experiencing trouble with OpenGL then it is a completely separate issue, unfortunately.

I crashed on OpenGL when I go to create my player, it stops at 30% all the time, and I am having the same problem on DirectX 9, none of this works for me.

The above fixes are only for DirectX and have nothing to do with OpenGL. If you're experiencing trouble with OpenGL then it is a completely separate issue, unfortunately.
i'm getting the missing dll error when using opengl and i tried every fix unforuntalely.

Back