Flag ships

squintz

Pirate Lord
Can the development team look at boarding ship npc's who attack you? Since I started from day one, all flag ships-ALL OF THEM, all npc's rush you at one time, in a line every time. The only way different is if you run around, but they still stay in a closed mob completely without fail.
Since the Pearl quest has one boarding a ship to take out npc's and those npc's stay in areas and react when you get in their hit box, I know that that programming is right in the game.
My thought is the mobbing of so many npc's does or can cause game issues and dc's and unstable boarding events, what if the devs use what the Pearl does for the npc's on that quest for regular flag ships.

Flying over to a ship and having 7 guys line up right in front of you is never a challenge or even slightly realistic. Perhaps hard core looters like this, but it's no fun to me.
Can this be looked at.

Flagships have been sketchy ever since around February. I do MAT runs pretty regularly and I typically avoid them regardless, but if I'm out on my own I'll sometimes attempt them. It seems as though some update a few months back broke the mechanic to return to your ship after killing all of the enemies onboard a flagship.
The entire flagship system should be revamped in my opinion, similar to how the old lookout system was replaced with lobbies. I'd suggest using the Black Pearl deck battle as well as the Queen Anne's Revenge deck battle as reference.

It would be nice if it enemies would spawn at several locations on a flagship for sure. It seems to me that ever since the Pypperoni update the enemies sometimes don’t all properly spawn which leads to it being impossible to defeat them all and you being stranded on an empty flagship. It would be nice if the developers would put some work into at least getting it back to how it was in earlier beta but hopefully even better as it’s always been both wrong and buggy.

It would be nice if it enemies would spawn at several locations on a flagship for sure. It seems to me that ever since the Pypperoni update the enemies sometimes don’t all properly spawn which leads to it being impossible to defeat them all and you being stranded on an empty flagship. It would be nice if the developers would put some work into at least getting it back to how it was in earlier beta but hopefully even better as it’s always been both wrong and buggy.
Maybe in the interim the devs could put in a simple return to ship button if humanly possible. I stopped with the flags, even though I really like that part of engagement because a lot of times I couldn't even TP off the empty ship. The only choice was log out.
Maybe let us jump off into the ocean and swim back to our ships. Something, anything.

Another flag ship idea I would personally love is to see and that is to be able to interact with the npc on their ship from my ship. I would love to snipe them from my deck, clear their deck off and board and loot at leisure. Lazy? Well, maybe yes. Entirely safe way to plunder a ship-absolutely. I find stealth a great challenge in all my multiplayer games.

Back