Glitch Flagship Run Amok?

C

Crashalot

OK, had a Colossus Flagship randomly aggro and come in my direction, even tho I was well out of the aggro sphere, by a lot. I never shot at it and never came close to it.
It just suddenly had the mad love for my ship and started chasing us.
It then followed me to the edge and everywhere in between, finally stopping at Padres after some well intentioned pirate decided he needed to shoot it, disabling it. Quite amusing, almost as if it had a mind of it's own, or someone was actually sailing it...
Clearly a glitch, since these ships usually fall off and drop pursuit if you sail away from them, especially in a storm chaser. This one stayed right up there with the Hunter and Warship, until it was disabled.
Makes ya wonder...

screenshot_2018-08-12_01-05-25.jpg
screenshot_2018-08-12_01-05-42.jpg
screenshot_2018-08-12_01-07-10.jpg
screenshot_2018-08-12_01-12-30.jpg
screenshot_2018-08-12_01-18-07.jpg

OK, had a Colossus Flagship randomly aggro and come in my direction, even tho I was well out of the aggro sphere, by a lot. I never shot at it and never came close to it.
It just suddenly had the mad love for my ship and started chasing us.
It then followed me to the edge and everywhere in between, finally stopping at Padres after some well intentioned pirate decided he needed to shoot it, disabling it. Quite amusing, almost as if it had a mind of it's own, or someone was actually sailing it...
Clearly a glitch, since these ships usually fall off and drop pursuit if you sail away from them, especially in a storm chaser. This one stayed right up there with the Hunter and Warship, until it was disabled.
Makes ya wonder...

View attachment 107668 View attachment 107669 View attachment 107670 View attachment 107671 View attachment 107672
Pure and simple, that captain knew of your reputation and hated you and was going to hunt you down to the edge of the world.

Not a glitch. The dev's are profiling us. We are marked captains.

I've been chased by a corsair in the same way. I know the Dev's are sick of my whining.

Has anyone else noticed when they tell you a port is open, they shut it down a few ship lengths away and open another across the map? Fun times.

Pure and simple, that captain knew of your reputation and hated you and was going to hunt you down to the edge of the world.

Not a glitch. The dev's are profiling us. We are marked captains.

I've been chased by a corsair in the same way. I know the Dev's are sick of my whining.

Has anyone else noticed when they tell you a port is open, they shut it down a few ship lengths away and open another across the map? Fun times.

ROFL! That would be hysterical! But why on Earth would anyone commandeer a Colossus? Such a slow ship, also known as a floating bullseye, doesn't seem like something anyone would sail when they literally have many better ships at their disposal.

Now as far as someone sailing the NPC ships, I have noticed odd happenings recently, but usually regarding the Corsairs and warships. Odd, erratic sailing patterns and broadsides, etc.

If the devs are having some fun at the helm, well I'm envious!

I've had galleons chase me from one side to the other of the map , I do 12 knots and 16 at high speed but some tend to have instant 30 knots or better ! lol

I've always wondered where the hunters and warships are going when you come upon them sitting still at an island, the suddenly they turn and sail off at about 75 knots. Even when you pull up and start blasting at them, they just shrug and race away. Funny.

Where do dey go?

I've always wondered where the hunters and warships are going when you come upon them sitting still at an island, the suddenly they turn and sail off at about 75 knots. Even when you pull up and start blasting at them, they just shrug and race away. Funny.

Where do dey go?
They are heading out after a new assignment, you've no doubt seen one coming after you that is badly damaged even though you have not engaged it. Lol... once again a bug, they should return to base for refitting before heading out again.

Back