Flood of 2011

Jason Bilgemartin

Honorable Pirate
Anyone else being affected because of the Mississippi being so high? About 25% of my town is under water, many of my friends and neighbours have had to pack up and leave their homes, and many have lost their jobs. Anyone else being affected? I'll post pictures later.

Anyone else being affected because of the Mississippi being so high? About 25% of my town is under water, many of my friends and neighbours have had to pack up and leave their homes, and many have lost their jobs. Anyone else being affected? I'll post pictures later.
I live in one of the states being affected because of it, and it's safe to say you can blame it on New Orleans... I live ten miles away from the Louisiana flood area and the water levels are just amazingly high, interstates are being affected also, cant even exit to Whiskey Bay because of it all, or go to the Beaut la Rose camp, where alot of my family's friends live..... (lol nobody knows what places im talking about) it's terrible, I saw floating hunting camps and homes in the Atchafalaya Basin....

I'm so sorry to hear that ... I guess if we don't get tornadoes, we get something else, whether that's flood or earth quakes or hurricanes or blizzards ... no 'heaven' or earth. I'll be praying for ppl over in MS. Please be strong!

Yeah, I live near the Mississippi River... if you remember everyone talking about how they were going to flood farmland to spare the city, Cairo, IL, my friend lives very close to that area.

Yeah, I live near the Mississippi River... if you remember everyone talking about how they were going to flood farmland to spare the city, Cairo, IL, my friend lives very close to that area.

They are also flooding Louisiana near Beaut la Rose campground where people live and also flooding the Atchafalaya Basin to spare New Orleans.... Destroying many many farm families' homes AND destroying my dad's friend's camp and many others..... Guess it's for a good reason....
I live about ten miles from it in a city.
Had to drive by it, it was full of hunting camps floating near the shallows and small trailers.

They are also flooding Louisiana near Beaut la Rose campground where people live and also flooding the Atchafalaya Basin to spare New Orleans.... Destroying many many farm families' homes AND destroying my dad's friend's camp and many others..... Guess it's for a good reason....
I live about ten miles from it in a city.
Had to drive by it, it was full of hunting camps floating near the shallows and small trailers.
Oh yeah, I bet. The water spreads out over there, since it's near the delta. Does the water still go pretty fast?

Oh yeah, I bet. The water spreads out over there, since it's near the delta. Does the water still go pretty fast?

It is speeding faster for some reason, it toppled a small oil pumper in the Mississippi River near Baton Rouge, saw it on my way to Bass Pro Shop. Barges are all docked at port.. They are all out of work too...

It is speeding faster for some reason, it toppled a small oil pumper in the Mississippi River near Baton Rouge, saw it on my way to Bass Pro Shop. Barges are all docked at port.. They are all out of work too...
Whoa. They aren't showing any pictures of that.. that would be exciting/revolting to see.

Hope it doesn't last long, I mean really- first Katrina, then the Oil Spill, now these floods? Destroy the south, whatever is up there in charge of the universe. Ruin more lives.......

Hope it doesn't last long, I mean really- first Katrina, then the Oil Spill, now these floods? Destroy the south, whatever is up there in charge of the universe. Ruin more lives.......
Yeah.. I don't know, after this decade started things have been more fast-paced for everyone. I miss the old times, even without the fast computers

I extend my prayer to everybody in those states then, not just MS. Tornadoes in my state over a month ago, a little too close to home for my comfort.

Something is mind boggling though ... those areas around the delta, were they originally "below sea level", or this was an extraordinary circumstance that didn't happen every year? I guess I could google it, but it's easier to hear it from you all.

Yeah.. I don't know, after this decade started things have been more fast-paced for everyone. I miss the old times, even without the fast computers

Kinda wish my parents had stayed in Missouri, it's awesome up there... Not as many disasters up there, my dad says... Less than Louisiana. My dad lived in St. Louis for his childhood. Or something like that, it had St. something in the name :p <----- random face lol

I extend my prayer to everybody in those states then, not just MS. Tornadoes in my state over a month ago, a little too close to home for my comfort.

Something is mind boggling though ... those areas around the delta, were they originally "below sea level", or this was an extraordinary circumstance that didn't happen every year? I guess I could google it, but it's easier to hear it from you all.

They were partly below sea level near Louisiana, don't know about the other states though. Seems like 75% of Louisiana is under sea level nowadays, it seems as if it's sinking.

Kinda wish my parents had stayed in Missouri, it's awesome up there... Not as many disasters up there, my dad says... Less than Louisiana. My dad lived in St. Louis for his childhood. Or something like that, it had St. something in the name :p <----- random face lol
St. Louis, I work in a hospital around there. And yeah, Missouri is a little more 'toned down,' except the crime rate in St. Louis is the biggest of the cities in america. :p

St. Louis, I work in a hospital around there. And yeah, Missouri is a little more 'toned down,' except the crime rate in St. Louis is the biggest of the cities in america. :p

I can deal with crime, I have my own long-range tazer and my own shotgun...
And how can you work in hospitals? They creep me out.. the word VEINS makes me feel all euhhh inside lol....

Missouri has tornadoes and it's cold up there, right? Maybe we all need to move to Hawaii where there is no snake, no blizzard, the temperature is always nice ... but there are volcanoes ... darn it, where is the best place to live?

Back