Food Pictures! "original" Style

Cook...hmm if I use that term loosely, and you count grilling chicken breast on a george foreman...then I cook lol. But the oven in my place is more of a decoration piece and to hold the stove top in place so I can make eggs in the morning and fish in a skillet at dinner lol. Before I changed to eating healthy I was a master Kraft Mac&Cheese maker. It's all about the order (correct order is butter, cheese, milk all at once, incase you didn't know) and about how much milk you put in ;)

~Etar1pAI

lol. so I made dinner last night, and the only thing on my mind was CONSUUUUUUUME!!!! I was way beyond starving, and then after it was all gone... I remembered I shoulda taken a pic. siiiiiigh. Ah well...Next time ;) :p

Cook...hmm if I use that term loosely, and you count grilling chicken breast on a george foreman...then I cook lol. But the oven in my place is more of a decoration piece and to hold the stove top in place so I can make eggs in the morning and fish in a skillet at dinner lol. Before I changed to eating healthy I was a master Kraft Mac&Cheese maker. It's all about the order (correct order is butter, cheese, milk all at once, incase you didn't know) and about how much milk you put in ;)

~Etar1pAI

Did you see a bowl of Lucky Charms up there (close to the beginning of this thread)? That was 'considered' as original by the poster and several ppl here ... :D So, yea ... grilling chicken on George Foreman, eggs and fish in the skilled ARE considered your original creations! Basically, the main goal of this thread is to make ppl drool anyway ... :p

So, please, next time take a pic and post it here! Thanks for the Mac & Cheese tips, I agree that the amount of milk has a big effect on how 'perfect' the mac & cheese turns out ...

my famous dip. invented by me at age five. ill post pics next time im not to lazy to make some

Ok, so I finally remembered to take a picture before scarfing down my creations. LOL. My 2 year old, my youngest sister, and I made theses yesterday. Apple Carrot Muffins, and only 149 calories a pop. Very healthy, and YUMMY treat. Got the recipie from cooks.com, and added a teaspoon of brown sugar and a quarter cup of oats for the topping. Oh, we also doubled the cinnamon, and added half a teaspoon of nutmeg to the batter. :D goooooooooooood stuff!!!!
AppleCarrotMuffins.jpg

Uh oh, seems I'm the only one cooking these days.....:oops: Well, today my youngest sis and I made Focaccia Alle Olive E Rosmarino (Focaccia with olives and rosemary) You can find the recipe in "The Complete Mediterranean Cookbook" by Tess Mallos. I messed up and only added 1/4 of the yeast it called for, but it turned out fine. And I also added 1 oz of sun dried tomatoes. Made 12 servings, at 206.9 callories a piece. WOOT! It was delishous!
Focaccia.jpg

Uh oh, seems I'm the only one cooking these days.....:oops: Well, today my youngest sis and I made Focaccia Alle Olive E Rosmarino

Sorry guys..... I dont know how to make the pictures smaller....

Why does no one post to this thread anymore? lol Well... here I go again. Last few things I've made are: Spaghetti Alla Carbonara Focaccia (Tomato and, Garlic on half and Shallots on the other due to family allergies. lol) and Risotto Alla Milanese. The Carbonara was amazingly creamy and so so tastey! I've made the tomato and garlic Focaccia a few times now, and I just LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Slice a piece in half, put a couple Mortadella slices inside, and a slice of real Mozarella on top and heat it for a few min in the oven..... PERFECTION! The Risotto is flavored with saffron. Really super yummy :D Well, if anyone still reads this thread, I hope you enjoy my pictures. haha Cya 'round :p

Don't worry, I'm keeping up with this thread and I enjoy it! And I appreciated you, Eliza, for posting yours. Cooking is somewhat of a passion for me, and I have to present it 'right'. I've been cooking, but I'm too lazy to put together a presentation, so that's why I haven't taken a pic for a while.

Are you Italian? I LOVE spaghetti carbonara myself ... I don't really care about Marinara sauce or any red/tomato based sauce; I prefer white sauce (yea, the 'fatty' ones ... :p), such as alfredo, or even the carbonara - eggs and bacon or whatever pig product, prosciutto maybe? - pesto, olive oil and the likes. Cooking Risotto takes too much labor for me, I don't like to have to baby sit one meal when I cook. Yours cooking looks great!

Don't worry, I'm keeping up with this thread and I enjoy it! And I appreciated you, Eliza, for posting yours. Cooking is somewhat of a passion for me, and I have to present it 'right'. I've been cooking, but I'm too lazy to put together a presentation, so that's why I haven't taken a pic for a while.

Are you Italian? I LOVE spaghetti carbonara myself ... I don't really care about Marinara sauce or any red/tomato based sauce; I prefer white sauce (yea, the 'fatty' ones ... :p), such as alfredo, or even the carbonara - eggs and bacon or whatever pig product, prosciutto maybe? - pesto, olive oil and the likes. Cooking Risotto takes too much labor for me, I don't like to have to baby sit one meal when I cook. Yours cooking looks great!
Haha Thank you Jade! I'm glad someone keeps an eye on this thread, as I have SOOOOO enjoyed posting to it. I am not Italian, although I think I have a little of it in me from some ancestor down the line, but I LOVE the food, and am choosing to stick fairly strictly to the Mediterranean cuisine. It is absolutely decadent in taste, while still being healthy for you (all the right kinds of fats) and most things are still fairly low in calories (I count my calories daily). So I have enjoyed IMMENSLY discovering this cuisine! And to answer your question, it is in fact Pancetta in the Carbonara. The Risotto does take a lot of time and 'babysitting' but I truly love to cook, so I don't mind this so much, and I find the end result just wonderful! haha That was the first time I tried the Carbonara, and I was blown away at how creamy and yummy it was with so little dairy. I know the picture doesn't look like a lot, but it served 6 people with some left overs. I was in a rush to put it on the table, so I didn't "plate" it in a very appetizing way....sorry :p I have some family visiting now, so I've had less time to hole away in my kitchen, and I really miss it. I'm sure I'll have some new posts here in the near future. :D Thank you for your kind words :)

I come from a family of Italian Bakers.Everyone on my fathers side were bakers except me. It's not that i don't like to bake, it's because everything has to be a precise measurment and i don't have the patience for it.
I do love to cook! I'll have to start taking some pictures. Also have a great collection of recipes. If anyone is looking for something i might have it,just give me a shout!

I come from a family of Italian Bakers.Everyone on my fathers side were bakers except me. It's not that i don't like to bake, it's because everything has to be a precise measurment and i don't have the patience for it.
I do love to cook! I'll have to start taking some pictures. Also have a great collection of recipes. If anyone is looking for something i might have it,just give me a shout!

Haha awesome!!!! I love to cook too..... A LOT! And I love to bake as well. I'm open to any suggestions for Italian cuisine. I tried my hand at Zabaglione tonight. Simple enough, but I think I overcooked it. Not sure... never made custard before! lol It was such a small small amount, that I didnt bother taking a picture, but it was good. SO SO RICH in flavor, and you only got about a tablespoon per serving, so that should key you in on how rich it was. I served it with a small piece of dark chocolate biscotti I got at a little Italian market where I live. Imported from Italy :D yay! It's my new favorite place to shop. hahahahaha I made the carbonara again this evening, but didnt bother with a picture, as I already had one from before. I'm so glad peopel are becomming aware of this thread again :D

Haha awesome!!!! I love to cook too..... A LOT! And I love to bake as well. I'm open to any suggestions for Italian cuisine. I tried my hand at Zabaglione tonight. Simple enough, but I think I overcooked it. Not sure... never made custard before! lol It was such a small small amount, that I didnt bother taking a picture, but it was good. SO SO RICH in flavor, and you only got about a tablespoon per serving, so that should key you in on how rich it was. I served it with a small piece of dark chocolate biscotti I got at a little Italian market where I live. Imported from Italy :D yay! It's my new favorite place to shop. hahahahaha I made the carbonara again this evening, but didnt bother with a picture, as I already had one from before. I'm so glad peopel are becomming aware of this thread again :D
Lol and i really enjoy cooking too and glad this thread is still here also.
I almost forgot all about it till i logged on and saw the post. I love shopping in specialty stores too! When the food network first started we were one of the first ones in our area to get the channel. I was glued to my tv whenever i got the chance. One of my favorite foods is chicken picata. There are so many variations for the sauce . Just recently i found this resturaunt and orded the picata,which menu said without capers (which i do like) and found the sauce to be absolutly delicious! Keep the posts coming!

Lol and i really enjoy cooking too and glad this thread is still here also.
I almost forgot all about it till i logged on and saw the post. I love shopping in specialty stores too! When the food network first started we were one of the first ones in our area to get the channel. I was glued to my tv whenever i got the chance. One of my favorite foods is chicken picata. There are so many variations for the sauce . Just recently i found this resturaunt and orded the picata,which menu said without capers (which i do like) and found the sauce to be absolutly delicious! Keep the posts coming!

:D That is so funny. When I first became aware of Food Network, I could't leave my couch!!!! I have a DVR, and I still set it to record the FN Challanges :p I try not to watch so much now, because I end up eating more than I should. HAHAHAHA I am just discovering specialty shops, and realizing just how much I enjoy them. If I could, I'd buy everything from them, but they tend to be a little more spendy than your average grocery store, so I have to keep it to a minimum. lol. I'll have to give chicken picata a try, I don't think I've ever had the pleasure of tasting it. And I have two small jars of capers in my fridge, so that would put them to good use! haha. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll post a pic when I try it out. My next recipe adventure is Amatriciana, but a freind suggested it with fusilli pasta instead of the bucatini, so it will look different than the traditional dish. :) I'll keep em' comin' and look forward to seeing some of your pictures as well :D Thanks!

Back