Discussion For Any Coders: Preferred Programming/Scripting Language?

What is your preffered Programming/Scripting Language?

• C

• C++

• C#

• Java

• Python

• JavaScript

• Other (Please specify!)

Results are only viewable after voting.
You can still get past Windows OS , and go to Dos. I like the programs that you us can see everything and program through ...its antiquarians me, but I do my best proframming w/Windows and getting into the main stream on May PC.
Oh my Gosh, I've got to stop staying up so late after a long day at work. That came out totally wrong, and autocorrect needs to go away.

I prefer python simply because it's one of the most basic and the first I learned. I actually picked it up from ToonTown Online hackers back in ~2012.

It's all about that C, C++ and C# love. And despite the fact that I'm proficient in Java, I really don't like using it. But if you go to school, it's pretty much required

It's all about that C, C++ and C# love. And despite the fact that I'm proficient in Java, I really don't like using it. But if you go to school, it's pretty much required

Where? In school we were exposed only to Pascal, which no one ever uses anymore. Everything about programming, you have to learn it yourself in my country.

Florida. If you can't program in C and Java it's better if you just quit

Lol, you got the wrong guy. I'm interested only in low-level development, that would be making drivers, working with embedded systems and microcontrollers. I've worked on Linux for a while too.

As for Java, I have used it, but I don't like it at all...

1.JIT compiled. (Making it very slow. And as far as I know a function call in Java is as slow as, or even slower than a virtual function call in C++, very bad.)

2.VERY badly written standard library.

3.Forcing object-orientation.

4.The statement "write once, run anywhere" isn't quite true.

5.It has pointers which it hides.

6.THE WORST programmers I've ever seen are Java programmers - cocky, don't like improving, never criticise themselves, Object-Oriented fanatics, they think every world problem can be solved with Java. In reality, Java is easily replaceable, whereas C and C++, aren't. (These are the two languages they hate on the most)

Last edited by a moderator:
lol quit what exactly?

I've never written a line of Java code professionally, and so far have managed to put food on the table without it. :D
He thinks no one around is as technical and assumes that makes him superior. I would love to see how he writes his C/C++ code and let that speak for itself. Trying to put other people down, signs of low self-esteem, maybe?

You guys took it the wrong way. I hate Java. C is possibly my favorite language. But to get any sort of certification, Java is required, which is horrible in my opinion.

Gotcha. At the risk of being personally critiqued on this thread, C is my fave too, in my OPINION.

And yes, I have written code in a number of other languages.

You guys took it the wrong way. I hate Java. C is possibly my favorite language. But to get any sort of certification, Java is required, which is horrible in my opinion.
Thank God I'm not from the US. Long live the low-levelness of C. Portable, fast, very flexible, can write my inline assembly without having to make external references to separate asm files, provides unsafe access to memory... What more can I ask for??

Praise low-level development! (I'm starting to sound like a preacher)

The thing I hate the most about my school is when I do a research or project with a Comp Sci major, and they don't wanna use C cause that's all they use xD.

C is love C is life. Death to Java!

Back