Forgotten Content

Brown Beard

Pirate Apprentice
So I've been following the Pirates Online Wiki for a few years now, and I can't help but notice there is sometimes a lack of information, or even a lack of photographic proof of the existence of some things in the game. I was wondering if anyone else thought it possible that there could be rare forgotten content in the game that no one has simply come across yet, or that people have found but didn't document?

Like when you didn’t have a quest, in potco, for dig spots but decided to dig anyway you would get a small amount of gold and not the “nothing interesting here” message like you do in tlopo? In potco you only got that message when you had a quest for dig spots but didn’t find the right one.

I can't remember if the WIKI & Forums are managed by separate people, but either way, yeah I totally agree. It is something to think about, there definitely could be content ingame that nobody has documented, or even come across. Maybe you'll be the first! ;) :eek:

I can't remember if the WIKI & Forums are managed by separate people, but either way, yeah I totally agree. It is something to think about, there definitely could be content ingame that nobody has documented, or even come across. Maybe you'll be the first! ;) :eek:
I found when glitched out swimming to the end of the world a little munchkin house on top of the water. Or Hobbit hut.

I think the rain/weather feature may be one of the oldest and most undocumented features of the game. It was only on the test server for a short time. This post shows a short video of rain in action. The early sky boxes and ship sail graphics are something that I rarely see documented. The sky used to be so detailed and beautiful but got downgraded to help improve performance. The same thread gives a few examples of how the sky used to look, as well as a look at some old ship graphics.

Another thing that sticks out in my mind is the "secret dock" at Kingshead. It was removed pretty early in the games lifetime and it's purpose is still a mystery. While this isn't exactly an unknown spot, it felt very exclusive at the time.

Another type of "forgotten" content I'm curious about is staves. There were so few options in POTCO, it felt like they were a sore spot in development. I wonder if they were rushed, or potentially scrapped in favor of development of other content. We know so little about POTCO's development, but it is obvious resources were very limited. Luckily the Wiki gives a little insight through phase file data mining and unreleased models.

I'm sure there is more undocumented content, especially from early development. I believe there are still a few people around on the forums who played the beta of POTCO and could remember numerous types of forgotten/changed content.

I found when glitched out swimming to the end of the world a little munchkin house on top of the water. Or Hobbit hut.
Really now? That's awesome, did you document it anywhere or screenshot it? That's the first I'm hearing of this. :eek:

I think the rain/weather feature may be one of the oldest and most undocumented features of the game. It was only on the test server for a short time.
You may remember that in early TLOPO Beta, rain was introduced. It was removed temporarily (as of tlopo-rc-v1.0.0) because it caused issues with gameplay. I wouldn't say weather is "forgotten", although; I do acknowledge it's been awhile since weather was last mentioned!

Last edited:
Back