Blog Post Forsaken Shallows: Coming March 24th!

DYhVJWwVQAAT8fI.jpg:large
Ahoy, everyone!

We’ve got a big announcement today, as you can probably already tell! Over the past two days, we’ve been posting some teases online that hint toward…

An ALL-NEW cave: Forsaken Shallows!

Forsaken Shallows is a secret alcove within Isla Tormenta where the highest ranking members of the Crew of the Flying Dutchman congregate when their captain’s ship does not require them out to be at sea. Pirates have recently cleared away some rocks in the Thrall Room in Cursed Caverns that revealed a path to this new location.

In addition to the cave itself, Forsaken Shallows will release with new bosses, a new enemy type, and of course, all-new Cursed Blades.

We know most of you will be curious about what these new Cursed Blades are, but we’ll be saving that for your own discovery! We will say this, however. There are more sword designs than the ones we teased. And of course, there will be new legendary blades.

Check out the teaser for Forsaken Shallows below!

Do ye all see that eerie Davy Jones specter? That’s one of our favorite parts of the cave. We first hinted at this update a month ago when we added its entrance to Cursed Caverns. It created lots of speculation, and we listened to all of you for feedback and ideas.

The Davy Jones specter comes from YOU! We want to give a special shoutout to Tom Deckspinner for coming up with the idea for Davy Jones! We saw your message and we loved it so much. We just HAD to add it to the game. Now, to be clear, Davy Jones will not be a boss in-game. He's such a special character, he deserves more than just being a normal boss. We have no plans to add him to the game at this time, but if we do in the future, it would be in a manner much larger than just a boss.

Forsaken Shallows releases on March 24th! Stay tuned for some tie-in lore posts leading up to the cave’s release! We can’t wait for you to see what we’ve been working on!

Fair winds,

~ The Crew @ The Legend of Pirates Online

From the weapons posted earlier, one of them looked like a longsword, and another looked like the Egyptian Khopesh...Very interesting...

Will this be a temporary area like the Hollowed Woods, or will it be a permanent addition to the game?
This will be a permanent addition to the game. Hallowed Woods is a annual event and will return every Halloween.

Will there be a new quest to go along with this?
Forsaken Shallows is a new area for people to loot at. It also doesn't seem like there is a quest connected to it or anything.

This will be a permanent addition to the game. Hallowed Woods is a annual event and will return every Halloween.

Forsaken Shallows is a new area for people to loot at. It also doesn't seem like there is a quest connected to it or anything.
Your forum alias is Dev. Is that because you are part of the dev team, or are you just mentioning things you may know?

I don't think they need a quest right away, people will flock there instantly because it's new, they won't need a reason to go there. It will be very busy at first.

Is that because you are part of the dev team, or are you just mentioning things you may know?
I'm not part of the dev team nor am I mentioning things that I may know. I'm just taking guesses at what looks the most obvious in this case to me. In my spare time I tend to develop SA:MP scripts and all kinds of things so that pretty much explains my alias.

Well it was kind of obvious Davy Jones had to be implemented without him, it just would not be the same. Although new enemies and new weapons is dope either way. I was concerned that as soon Disney shutdown the game it would never come back and that it is making a lot of progress with updates I must say I like the new TLOPO staff and I give them my respect for bringing the game back to life to implement awesome things like this and to bring back the community.

I would make a new pirate if I were you. Can't live without cursed blades!
What if you have several characters with missing quests? Wish someone would help those of us who either didn't get quests when we were suppose to or lost quests with updates. One person in the guild I am in lost a quest on 4 of her characters. Why keep making characters if they keep losing quests? And yes we have emailed support about this many times.

What if you have several characters with missing quests? Wish someone would help those of us who either didn't get quests when we were suppose to or lost quests with updates. One person in the guild I am in lost a quest on 4 of her characters. Why keep making characters if they keep losing quests? And yes we have emailed support about this many times.
That’s the nature of the beast. Issues will occur in Beta. If emailing support and making new characters is not working for you, then the only other options you have are to wait until full release or be satisfied with what you can do.

I have been around since alpha and experienced the majority of bugs and glitches. I understand that it is frustrating when things do not go your way, but that is just how it is.

My advice is to continue contacting support and try to enjoy what portion of the game you can access. If it ends up not being your cup of tea, smash it! But do not forget that things will improve with time.

Good luck.

I am still playing the game. But I will not email support anymore about the problem. I don't want to be a pain to them. If they had a solution I am sure it would have been given. I had another pirate tell me to keep bugging them cause the squeaky wheel gets taken care of. Well, they just write back telling us to be patient so I will wait. But if there is no solution to this problem I would like to know that too. Then I would take my two characters with the problems and delete them and start over in hopes it wouldn't happen again. But I do know there are many with the problem of missing quests so maybe it is something they don't know how to solve.

Back