Forum Censorship?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Beard

Pirate Apprentice
Let me start off by saying, I am not interested in getting involved in drama. However...

I was recently reading through the forums when I came across this post:
https://web.archive.org/web/2020071...hen-teagues-corrupt-moderation-history.30919/
The reason it is now only visible by Web Archive is because it was deleted about an hour after it was made (only possible if done by a Moderator).
rofl.PNG

Is there a reason this is acceptable all of a sudden? I'm not fully educated on the entire situation myself, however I believe it is in violation of administrative power to silence the voice of someone questioning something. Just because you don't like what someone shares, doesn't mean you get to silence that person because the power happens to be available to you. If a Moderator did indeed delete this post, I believe an apology is owed to Spade for abuses of power and invasions of his privacy.

EDIT: This post has also been archived, and I will continue to press this if I too am censored.

it be that way sometimes 😔

but yeah tlopo should kinda address that there are some among them that are a lil cringe.
please dont kill me

but am i wrong lol
address that some of them are a lil cringe is code word for address that there are people on staff who act incomprehensibly unprofessional. (sorry i didnt want my post to get deleted for flaming)

Last edited:
That’s how this website has always been run. Anything resembling a personal attack -including criticism of a popular figure - gets taken down immediately. It’s not abuse of power by this website’s terms of use, which you can read for yourself, and it’s not a violation of privacy by any standard.

I didn’t bother to read the post so I can’t speak to or endorse its content, but I’m sure there are other platforms you or Spade can share it on if you want its message to be seen by the community.

Last edited:
That’s how this website has always been run. Anything resembling a personal attack -including criticism of a popular figure - gets taken down immediately. It’s not abuse of power by this website’s stated rules, which you can read for yourself, and it’s not a violation of privacy by any standard.

I didn’t bother to read the post so I can’t speak or endorse its content, but I’m sure there are other platforms you or Spade can share it on if you want its message to be seen by the community.
i think the invasion of privacy he was speaking to was a tlopo mod reading his in game whispers with another person and dming screenshots of them to other people on discord also this thread is about to get deleted and please dont kill me

i think the invasion of privacy he was speaking to was a tlopo mod reading his in game whispers with another person and dming screenshots of them to other people on discord also this thread is about to get deleted and please dont kill me
I'm not interested in personally attacking Stephen Teague, I was more or less concerned that Spade's private conversations were shared in a questionable manner, and when Spade made his post it was immediately deleted. I have no ill will against any TLOPO or Forum Staff, I merely want to know that they have good intentions in their administration.

Yeah well, I'm always being picked out by the moderators, I generally troll in game, however, I was just banned for 96 hours, under "Exploiting" while messing with a player by the name of "Salome" who I have high suspicion of being backed by multiple moderators, who I cannot name specifically, due to the fact it does not say who bans you, but I quite frankly will not be silenced by the false moderation of this game, that I hold dearly to my heart, from my past memories. I am outraged, and have been at the current status of moderation on the game, and will continue to fight the system until it is corrected. If that means I will be banned falsely, then so be it. But that is why VPNS exist, and that is why YOU CAN'T STOP SOLOMON!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    77 KB · Views: 298
Please feel free to read our terms of service, I HOPE for the second time (at the very least):

Now, it is not ethical for any moderation to be explained to anyone on this forums when it is in regards to anything posted UNLESS it is discussed directly with whomever has made the post. On occasion we do post reminders to ALL forums members, depending on the situation.

So, IF you are all aware of the Terms of Service, you could then safely assume why something may not be available to be viewed, even if temporarily.

NOW IN REGARDS TO TLOPO MODERATION:
TLOPO does NOT discuss moderation of ANYONE with the public, whether general membership or TLOPO staff. It is unethical to discuss what happens to 'Little Johnny' for saying a no-no word in game. It's no ones business except for the offender. Those who report will never find out what happened to whomever they reported, UNLESS they hear directly from that person or someone else associated with them.

I'm not interested in personally attacking Stephen Teague, I was more or less concerned that Spade's private conversations were shared in a questionable manner, and when Spade made his post it was immediately deleted. I have no ill will against any TLOPO or Forum Staff, I merely want to know that they have good intentions in their administration.
yeah i could care less if its teague or mr dev or jolly roger, i just think it should be addressed because stuff like this has been going on for the entirety of tlopo's lifetime and im assuming people are too afraid to talk about it or just too lazy to write a 900 word essay when they know its just gonna get deleted. regardless theres not really any right way to call out staff when they are being unprofessional in this community which leads to stuff like this.

Please feel free to read our terms of service, I HOPE for the second time (at the very least):

Now, it is not ethical for any moderation to be explained to anyone on this forums when it is in regards to anything posted UNLESS it is discussed directly with whomever has made the post. On occasion we do post reminders to ALL forums members, depending on the situation.

So, IF you are all aware of the Terms of Service, you could then safely assume why something may not be available to be viewed, even if temporarily.

TLOPO does NOT discuss moderation of ANYONE with the public, whether general membership or TLOPO staff. It is unethical to discuss what happens to 'Little Johnny' for saying a no-no word in game. It's no ones business except for the offender. Those who report will never find out what happened to whomever they reported, UNLESS they hear directly from that person or someone else associated with them.
I suggest you take a look at Spades post that someone tried to cover up. Obviously a member of TLOPOs team is leaking ban logs and harassing members and no one is doing anything about it. How are we, the players of this game supposed to feel safe playing it, especially since he is associated with the group ROT? Who is to say he hasn't taken part is handing out personal information to them? Any other staff would have already taken action. It's asinine how many times he's been reported... WITH proof... and nothing has been done.

You're well past having any right to condescend to your users about the Terms of Service, and nobody takes it seriously when you do anymore. Even if we assume that you've read them yourself, you've demonstrated more than once that you don't actually understand what they mean.

Only bout 500 people actually play this game consistently now.
- How about instead of trying to make a perfect policy.
- Create perfect Balance.
- Pressure new content.
- Or change things to make them feel refreshing for about a week to get bored of.

You just enjoy the game for the community instead of the game?
:2 cents:

Let me start off by saying, I am not interested in getting involved in drama. However...

I was recently reading through the forums when I came across this post:
https://web.archive.org/web/2020071...hen-teagues-corrupt-moderation-history.30919/
The reason it is now only visible by Web Archive is because it was deleted about an hour after it was made (only possible if done by a Moderator).
View attachment 121515

Let me stop you right there. Spades thread wasn't deleted but instead moved to the approval queue for review. I should know because i'm looking at it right now.

If a Moderator did indeed delete this post, I believe an apology is owed to Spade for abuses of power and invasions of his privacy.

Again, the thread wasn't deleted but instead moved to the approval queue.

I suggest you take a look at Spades post that someone tried to cover up.

This is wholly asinine. As i've stated for the third time now, Spades thread wasn't deleted but instead moved to the approval queue for review. This is not a cover-up by any means. We do move threads and such to the approval queue when necessary.

Misinformation and false accusations are not helpful.

You're well past having any right to condescend to your users about the Terms of Service, and nobody takes it seriously when you do anymore. Even if we assume that you've read them yourself, you've demonstrated more than once that you don't actually understand what they mean.

I suggest you stop the personal attacks. You can make your point known in a respectful manner.

Same goes for anyone else who has commented or will comment on this thread. Be respectful.

Let me stop you right there. Spades thread wasn't deleted but instead moved to the approval queue for review. I should know because i'm looking at it right now.

Again, the thread wasn't deleted but instead moved to the approval queue.

This is wholly asinine. As i've stated for the third time now, Spades thread wasn't deleted but instead moved to the approval queue for review. This is not a cover-up by any means. We do move threads and such to the approval queue when necessary.

Misinformation and false accusations are not helpful.

I suggest you stop the personal attacks. You can make your point known in a respectful manner.

Same goes for anyone else who has commented or will comment on this thread. Be respectful.
I can assure you, they don't have my information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back