Forum Censorship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me stop you right there. Spades thread wasn't deleted but instead moved to the approval queue for review. I should know because i'm looking at it right now.

Again, the thread wasn't deleted but instead moved to the approval queue.

This is wholly asinine. As i've stated for the third time now, Spades thread wasn't deleted but instead moved to the approval queue for review. This is not a cover-up by any means. We do move threads and such to the approval queue when necessary.

Misinformation and false accusations are not helpful.

I suggest you stop the personal attacks. You can make your point known in a respectful manner.

Same goes for anyone else who has commented or will comment on this thread. Be respectful.
... as you've stated for the third time in this post and not before this post? How do you suggest people know "for the third time" that it's in review and not deleted which is basically the same thing just possibly more or less permanent before you've ever stated it? Appreciate the info now but whether it was permanently deleted or in review either way it was removed quickly and raised suspicion. If you don't want people to get upset about it then maybe that info would have been good from the start in your first post

Last edited:
I'm a neutral party here, as I've been playing less and less as of late. I do however, care about this game. It was a large part of my childhood, and I've been apart of Tlopo since its conception in the alpha. I will say that: Never in my life have I seen the community of a game, and the development team be as At Odds with each other as The Legends Of Pirates Online. Its pretty saddening that a large portion, perhaps even a majority of the players feel the Crew doesn't have their best interests at heart. The same crew that is working diligently to present the game to us in the first place.

I think it is very important that the team takes a step back, a breather, and addresses this fact. How could the very players of your game be feeling as if their privacy and security is at risk. The fact that this is an issue in the first place displays its need to be resolved. The development team of ANY GAME should be working with and alongside their community. NOT against them. If the community overwhelmingly feels as if its voice is being restricted, then it goes without saying that that community will lose faith in their ability to contribute beneficially to the life of the game; and will thus feel that the staff are working against them, regardless of how much work they are doing for them.

Regardless of the intentions of the crew, the fact remains that many members of the community feel as if the moderation facet of the crew is seriously lacking, or perhaps even breached. The very fact that this is the case, demands a solution be presented/ Regardless of the veracity of the situation. It will not be in this games best interest to further drive a wedge between the staff and the community. Something needs to happen, as right now, the wedge is widening.

These are my thoughts on the matter. This situation MUST be addressed, and then a solution presented publicly to the community. I have no personal thoughts on who did what or who deserves what, I am simply stating how i feel this situation is affecting the community. I strongly believe that the Tlopo moderation team is mature enough to address this, and has the utmost intentions of providing its community an enhanced version of the game we all knew and loved. We are human, and humans make mistakes. What is unique to us is our ability to grow and adapt from those mistakes. The team could come out of this with an immense amount of garnered respect, or with an immense amount of lost faith.

It is important that a statement is released to the community, addressing the teams feelings on the matter, and it is even more important that they resolve this issue. My position is not that they should remove long term members of their staff who have put heart and soul into the project, but for the team to address to the community as a whole the scope of the situation, and their intentions to resolve it.

After 5 years, the TLOPO staff has done nothing but prove themselves woefully inadequate of performing their functions. The community have been the ones who have been taking the brunt of this and it only hurts the game. Their accountability is non-existent, and regarding this particular staffer, there have been at this point dozens of questionable actions, to put it nicely. Every time it has been brought up it has been deleted or put in a queue for "review." The original post violated TOS, but posting this stuff anywhere else gets nothing back from the TLOPO team. It is a complete joke and a farce of a system. What is a player supposed to do when they are ignored on all available avenues? it stands to reason one would get frustrated enough and put it out in a public light.

This has been a years long saga at this point, each time with the same result. While we all would like to see some action and the situation addressed rather than "violation of TOS, have your post removed, and our staff member who violated our TOS is free to go. Bye bye :)" the likelihood is that it won't happen.

Dozens of people have been vocal critics of the team and the particular staffer in question. Nothing has ever come of it, nothing will come of it.

Sorry for the brash tone of my message.

Last edited by a moderator:
This game is literally just mods picking and choosing their favorites. Countless times players that are friends or suck ups to mods are either untermed or allowed to play the game freely with either no punishment or allowed to ban evade. I've came back countless times without saying a word in chat getting to mid 30s and still managed to get termed while I see other termed players get either untermed or ignored by mods.

Either non of it's okay or all of it's okay | There is countless evidence proving that there are favorites that can get away with certain actions and favorites who are able to ban evade and or literally get untermed for the same actions I have committed in the past.

There is a lack of accountability in the staff team and there is no form of Checks and Balances on other staff members.

I have personal altercations with the mod in question so I may be bias to the entire situation but still the fact there is countless evidence on his questionable actions in the community and there has been no statement made or punishment is crazy.

Furthermore I know personally that there is more evidence on the mod in question and more on the corruption on the staff team. I just find it unfair that I have done the exact same as others yet they are able to play and ban evade or somehow are able to get untermed. Just seems bias from a perspective of someone who is termed.

I doubt the staff member will get punished and all that might happen is one or more staff members will investigate the evidence and find nothing wrong because of biases in favor of the staff member in question. It's like when a police department investigates a cop that commits police brutality and covers it up.

Why not? You have to be familiar with something so you can criticize or praise properly...
You aren't offering any constructive criticism in that post? You aren't even contributing to the discussion at hand. Saying "this game is trash" is neither giving a suggestion to TLOPO Staff, nor is it a relevant post to the discussion and focus of this thread. So, I ask again: why play a game you consider trash??

You aren't offering any constructive criticism in that post? You aren't even contributing to the discussion at hand. Saying "this game is trash" is neither giving a suggestion to TLOPO Staff, nor is it a relevant post to the discussion and focus of this thread. So, I ask again: why play a game you consider trash??
Neither is this.. you're just sidetracking and helping the staff ignore till it passes.. which seems to be what they're doing.

I'm aware of the pirate member TOS and conduct rules, but are there conduct rules for staff and forum staff/moderators?
It's their sandbox as is the game. All staff needs to say, if they even care to, is, everyone has the same rights to leave or stay and that is to log out permanently.
That's not a worthwhile solution, but it's basically what all private forum boards, games ultimately state.
Technically there is no freedom of speech on private forums. People post at their peril.

I expect this thread will be pulled for a approval queue at some point.

I'm rerailing this thread with this statement: as long as the staff ignore the allegations present in this post, all of them are liable for it. Covering up that behavior is condoning it.
I agree with Bort here, this thread has turned into a literal Trainwreck.

At this point it seems like both sides are pretty frustrated with each other, but problems like this won't work themselves out if they aren't properly addressed. There should probably be a statement released addressing the allegations as transparently as possible.

That being said, I understand that it is easier said than done especially since as stated earlier it is unethical to discuss the details of the punishment of individuals. I think there is room for some sort of clarification on conversation about the topics in this thread though.

I know I haven't been around as much as I used to be, and I also have a tendency to disappear for a long time every now and then, but I really hate coming back to see the community tearing itself apart over stuff like this :(

I'm telling the truth, if truth hurting someone I'm sorry but it's not my problem...

I'm telling the truth, if truth hurting someone I'm sorry but it's not my problem...
Sorry Ned, but your post isn't truth. Your comments were subjective conjecture and personal opinion of your sentiment of the Tlopo world.
And technically they were off topic for the thread. For the most part this forum allows negative and positive opinions to be posted and people within rules have an open invitation to do so.

Truth would be for example, the recorded ratio of legendary drops. That the hunters come out after a full cargo. That Pali drops levi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back