Question Forum function

Our web server is segfaulting (read: crashing) sporadically and has to be restarted. I've made adjustments so that the web server restarts periodically to help mitigate this, so future downtime should be less frequent and last no longer than an hour at the very most... but the only permanent fix will be a patch from our software vendor (nginx). Sorry for the inconvenience.

Our web server is segfaulting (read: crashing) sporadically and has to be restarted. I've made adjustments so that the web server restarts periodically to help mitigate this, so future downtime should be less frequent and last no longer than an hour at the very most... but the only permanent fix will be a patch from our software vendor (nginx). Sorry for the inconvenience.

Above mentioned issues are still happening here and now. When can we expect the patch to come through?

It's not a big issue since 9 / 10 times the forums work perfectly fine but just giving a headsup.

Ha, I thought it just happen to me. Also notice lately (moreso on my cell) that the page you go to visit is like i guess a format type look and goes to normal tho when you refresh. That last part just started bout a week ago. Just letting you all know.

Yes, I see the date below is 2015. Are you guys sure they are still upgrading things?
Is tlopo like really committed to this particular forum client, or will compounding problems over time force a switch to something else?
I'm assuming it's in capable hands and will be handled when the time comes.
It's not like every day... yet.
Thanks for all you do.

Ha, I thought it just happen to me. Also notice lately (moreso on my cell) that the page you go to visit is like i guess a format type look and goes to normal tho when you refresh. That last part just started bout a week ago. Just letting you all know.
Yes, it goes to text only kind of format and then refreshes on its own sometimes or a forced refresh will correct it.

When can we expect the patch to come through?
No clue, it's not really up to me. Outages are monitored though, and I do get notified automatically when they occur. Things have stabilized a bit since introducing the periodic restarts. We're at about 99% uptime in the last 7 days (compared to 95% uptime in the last 30 days).

Yes, I see the date below is 2015. Are you guys sure they are still upgrading things?
I personally manage the server and software stack. The forum platform is simply a piece of software licensed to us that runs on our servers (in the same sense that Microsoft licenses Windows for you to run on your computers). We're on an older version of the software, largely because of custom extensions I wrote over the years which must be rewritten from scratch to work on later versions. Work is ongoing to get us on the latest version, but I don't have an awful lot of spare time so it's more of a slow and steady thing.

Still, the web server software is completely separate from the forum software, and it's the web server that's causing these issues. We are on the latest version of the web server software.

Yes, it goes to text only kind of format and then refreshes on its own sometimes or a forced refresh will correct it.
I have noticed this as well. A refresh should fix it always fix it, and if not, try hard refreshing (Ctrl+Shift+R).

Back