Nightingale

Honorable Pirate
My pirate Emma Winters has these skills:
Notoriety: 11
Sword: 8
Gun: 7
Doll: 5
Dagger: 3

(https://piratesforums.co/pirates/nightingale.10067/)

However, when I edit her skills on the forum pirate directory, it says her skills are too high for her level. I don't see how that can be, since I just brought all of her skills over from the game. From what I can tell, it's the dagger skill that's the problem. When I remove it, it saves fine. Can anyone help?

Note: It works if I change her level to 12. It just doesn't work at 11.

Last edited:
My pirate Emma Winters has these skills:
Notoriety: 11
Sword: 8
Gun: 7
Doll: 5
Dagger: 3

(https://piratesforums.co/pirates/nightingale.10067/)

However, when I edit her skills on the forum pirate directory, it says her skills are too high for her level. I don't see how that can be, since I just brought all of her skills over from the game. From what I can tell, it's the dagger skill that's the problem. When I remove it, it saves fine. Can anyone help?

Note: It works if I change her level to 12. It just doesn't work at 11.

I think it has to do with adding all the xp from all your weapons wouldn't match the amount of your notoriety.

@Davy Darkrage would be the one to answer this question. The pirate feature was something that he custom-built for the forums. I'm assuming he has checks in the code that ensures entering levels for specific weapons are valid only after you hit the notoriety requirement for each of them. Dagger unlock is at level 10 - he may have it set at a different level, inadvertently.

The whole system will need to be rewritten soon when we upgrade to XenForo 2.0 in the coming months, anyway.

Hopefully the developers can come up with a system that updates information automatically to the forums. Instead of us manually inputting data.

Hopefully the developers can come up with a system that updates information automatically to the forums. Instead of us manually inputting data.
I don't see this being easily implemented as in game names are not unique and no link has been established between forum and game accounts.. though that would be neat I agree. :)

The pirate feature here is pretty old and has been around almost as long as the forums have been in existence - it's reminiscent of POTCO days.

That being said, it is definitely doable to incorporate a realtime or semi-realtime sync for pirate data to the forums; just need to hook up TLOPO's API and develop the functionality to bring the stats over to here. TLOPO and Pirates Forums accounts would need to be linked as a result.

The pirate feature here is pretty old and has been around almost as long as the forums have been in existence - it's reminiscent of POTCO days.

That being said, it is definitely doable to incorporate a realtime or semi-realtime sync for pirate data to the forums; just need to hook up TLOPO's API and develop the functionality to bring the stats over to here. TLOPO and Pirates Forums accounts would need to be linked as a result.

Everyone should check this out - https://piratesforums.co/threads/progression-made-log-panel-forums.16688/ Just a suggestion :D

Back