Question Forum post images not loading

PirateJasonS

Site Founder
I've been having a Firefox issue lately where some images will load and others won't. For the ones that won't, I have to right click them and click "View Image". I just now opened Chrome, and the issue seems to be the same there. I went to look at the permissions and images are allowed by default. I changed it to Allow (instead of just letting it default), and it didn't fix it. I don't think ad block is the issue because I don't have one in Chrome.

Is this issue just me or are others experiencing it too? Or am I just missing something by mistake?

Image error 1.jpg

Image error 2.jpg

@John Foulroberts, @Davy Darkrage (I borrowed your post for my example @katnypp, thanks lol)

Edit: Could it be possible that the size of the thread and the amount of the pictures are the cause? Not enough storage space allotted for it to load them all?

Last edited:
Thanks for bringing this up. It's something server-side that needs a little tuning (we throttle connections per IP, and as you can imagine, threads with lots of images require lots of connections). I have raised the limit and will continue to monitor the logs to see if it needs further changes.

Davy

Thanks for bringing this up. It's something server-side that needs a little tuning (we throttle connections per IP, and as you can imagine, threads with lots of images require lots of connections). I have changed the limit and will continue to monitor the logs to see if it needs changing.

Davy
Cool, glad to hear it wasn't an issue on my end. Thanks! :D

Is it possible to somehow load less posts per page for image-heavy threads? (If so, that would just mean more pages to click through.. but I still feel obligated to ask lol)

Regardless, I'm fine with it the way it is. But now I'm curious ;)

Back