Suggestion Forum posts

Chris Swordshot

Swashbuckler
Make it so that in order to post in a discussion, it must have substance. There are far too many people trying to keep their discussions on the top of the listing just by posting emoji. I believe this is a waste of time for all parties involved. It just seems to abuse the functionality of the forum.

Posts which don't contribute meaningfully to a discussion are generally already regarded as off-topic, but bump posts from the thread OP are typically excluded, as bumping threads is a fairly regular and established forum behaviour. We only ask that users wait 24 hours before bumping their threads. As everyone is free to bump their threads, it doesn't give anybody a particular advantage in the listings. If you are annoyed by a particular discussion, you may want to ignore the OP.

Posts which don't contribute meaningfully to a discussion are generally already regarded as off-topic, but bump posts from the thread OP are typically excluded, as bumping threads is a fairly regular and established forum behaviour. We only ask that users wait 24 hours before bumping their threads. As everyone is free to bump their threads, it doesn't give anybody a particular advantage in the listings. If you are annoyed by a particular discussion, you may want to ignore the OP.
Its more that the OP of one of the above mentioned discussions is a known troll and has shown undesirable behavior both in game and out.

Be that as it may, we don't penalize users on the forums for behaviour that takes place off of the platform. If they are breaking forum rules then that's a different story, but otherwise you should just ignore them and move on.

Make it so that in order to post in a discussion, it must have substance. There are far too many people trying to keep their discussions on the top of the listing just by posting emoji. I believe this is a waste of time for all parties involved. It just seems to abuse the functionality of the forum.
I never thought of that. Didn't know that was relevant here.

Back