Discussion Founder Discussion Poll

How would you like Founder Status to be earned in TLOPO?

• Total voters
I would tend to agree with Mr. Jason O'Connell... My alternative thought (and this is one that would probably be unpopular in the community and would require a lot more thinking and work for the devs, moderators, etc) would be to bestow that on the individuals who have made a distinct, positive impact on the game and in the forums... I've only been here shy of two months, but even I can single out who a lot of these individuals are... They would include the devs, moderators, greeters who positively welcome new members (even if it is only official greeters), the winners of the contests that have produced in-game material and indeed other less obvious individuals who fit into this category of helpfulness, positive feedback and creating a warm and welcoming environment that is our TLOPO community... To me, these are the people who worthy not just because they 'played as of a certain date' ... But these are people who have REALLY invested themselves in TLOPO and have directly contributed to its health and progress in some way. Like I say... This would be quite a process and it could conceivably lead to catcalls of 'favoritism' ... But to me it makes sense... Otherwise it may be best, as Jason said, to not have it at all. Good fortune and safe travels, 'til next we meet! :)
I really love this idea! I had suggested something similar a while back: the Staff could look through feedback from in game along with forum posts (mostly suggestions and ideas and bug reports) to see who helped create the game the most and get it up and running. If someone came up with a great way to workaround a bug, Founder! If someone wrote about a great idea that helped reduce lag and crashing, Founder! If someone tested the memory usage, etc. and discovered a leak that they reported, Founder! This way it isn't too many people with the badge but it's people that deserve it for really helping the game in its early years and getting it up and running!

guys us alpha testers dont want founder

i do..

i do not want years from now when i say i was in closed alpha people laughing at me and saying im a lier

@miafff453445 with all respect you can't really say that "us" alpha testers don't want founder. Why? Well first of all based on votes a lot of people voted alpha key testers should get founder. I'm sure that most of them were Alpha key testers. Also your only one Alpha key tester. You can't speak for us all without asking us and knowing what we all think.

I agree with @navy3001 I would like to have founder just to show that I tested the game in the early stages.

If Alpha key testers don't work out or that causes to much controversy I like @Remington idea.

I'm not a developer, moderator, administrator or anything else like that... But... As a former firefighter and former business owner... and having managed in some businesses, I do know the value of compromise in divisive situations... Perhaps... In this situation... Knowing it would mean more work for the powers that be in TLOPO, a compromise is in order... It seems that a lot of the conflict is stemming from "When I started playing" and "so I can prove this or that." ... Perhaps an amenable compromise would be to offer several badges... An alpha player badge for those that this applies to, A beta player badge for those who took part, and a founder's badge for individuals who have put energy, time, warmth, material and helpful suggestions and research as a founder. (The ones who actively take part in the game and forums in a positive and game-advancing/promotion of health way) ... Just another suggestion... Sadly you will NEVER be able to please EVERYONE... That is just impossible... But if there is a good way of mitigating frustration and bitterness... I would be all for it... As it stands... I just love the game. I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone. I want to see the game succeed... And I disagree with those who think it will not grow much beyond the current population upon release... If you're passionate about the game... share that passion with others... pump them up... link to your facebook and social media... Help promote it! We should all be a team here right?

I'm not a developer, moderator, administrator or anything else like that... But... As a former firefighter and former business owner... and having managed in some businesses, I do know the value of compromise in divisive situations... Perhaps... In this situation... Knowing it would mean more work for the powers that be in TLOPO, a compromise is in order... It seems that a lot of the conflict is stemming from "When I started playing" and "so I can prove this or that." ... Perhaps an amenable compromise would be to offer several badges... An alpha player badge for those that this applies to, A beta player badge for those who took part, and a founder's badge for individuals who have put energy, time, warmth, material and helpful suggestions and research as a founder. (The ones who actively take part in the game and forums in a positive and game-advancing/promotion of health way) ... Just another suggestion... Sadly you will NEVER be able to please EVERYONE... That is just impossible... But if there is a good way of mitigating frustration and bitterness... I would be all for it... As it stands... I just love the game. I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone. I want to see the game succeed... And I disagree with those who think it will not grow much beyond the current population upon release... If you're passionate about the game... share that passion with others... pump them up... link to your facebook and social media... Help promote it! We should all be a team here right?
I'm certainly willing to give up myself having a founders tag as long as "most" of the others would be pleased.

I'm certainly willing to give up myself having a founders tag as long as "most" of the others would be pleased.

You're a good man Jack. RESPECT Brother! I like to think it won't come to that though. There are several compromises available that I think would make the most people happy and give them appropriate badges to be proud of :) I'm going to follow you if you don't mind. I like the way you think and present yourself. - fist bumps -

You're a good man Jack. RESPECT Brother! I like to think it won't come to that though. There are several compromises available that I think would make the most people happy and give them appropriate badges to be proud of :) I'm going to follow you if you don't mind. I like the way you think and present yourself. - fist bumps -
Likewise. :)

Also I'd just like to say I'm sorry if I went to far to prove my point of why Alpha Key Testers only should get founder. I really don't care that much. I mean yes I would probably be a bit sad if the majority of others got founder but I didn't. But for instance if no one got founder? Fine with me.

Likewise. :)

Also I'd just like to say I'm sorry if I went to far to prove my point of why Alpha Key Testers only should get founder. I really don't care that much. I mean yes I would probably be a bit sad if the majority of others got founder but I didn't. But for instance if no one got founder? Fine with me.

No need to apologize Brother! I VERY much understand how special of an accomplishment that is. :) I've just been racking my brain trying to think of a good compromise that will allow players to showcase their various achievements without excluding certain players who also have achievements to be proud of... Heck I wouldn't mind, as a compromise, a ......... "Alpha/Beta/Founder" tag... or a "Beta/Founder" tag... or a "Beta" only tag for those that it would apply too. I just saw a little venom earlier in the responses and my mind automatically kicks into 'fix it' gear. You know? Haha! Have a great night Brother!

I don't think Foundership has a place in TLOPO simply because it will either be too ubiquitous or it'll upset people that they don't have it but others do. Foundership in potco was special too because it meant they were pirates who had been there from the start and oft more than not as Kat said they were people worthy of the gold and coin. I think founder should be left out altogether.

Do you Really need to be Founder to be Proud to have helped out .... A "F" above you ? A Glory pat on your back ? I think Not , I think everyone accounts for helping move the game forward so where do you draw the Line ? Being a Alpha tester don't mean you have helped out anymore then a Beta tester !
What Is It you want the Most ? !! :) ARRrrrrrr !

Having founder status or not is not for me to say, but even though I have a key I don't find that to be a reason to be a founder. Most of us got our keys by chance and I don't see where that makes me more eligible for founder status.
Having it be key based would be one of the worst options and I say this too being a key holder. There's no point. Mine was obtained because of something very luck based and having a founder tag would be great and chill but I don't feel I'd be deserving of it (I am still not sure I feel deserving of my forums tag for that matter lol) If founder tags have to come back all I ask it isn't key based.
I honestly feel like it's better to just not use founder tags. That would spare the devs being called out for "favoritism" or anything of the like, and while some people would be upset, I think it would cause less outrage than any other option. Of course, in the end it's entirely up to the TLOPO staff.
This. Unlike features or anything else discussed or debated this is probably the one where the implementation will be the most opinion based one and most personal touched addition to the game if they do so. It can get very subjective very quickly and I'm not sure it's worth all the grief that might come from it.

I don't think Foundership has a place in TLOPO simply because it will either be too ubiquitous or it'll upset people that they don't have it but others do. Foundership in potco was special too because it meant they were pirates who had been there from the start and oft more than not as Kat said they were people worthy of the gold and coin. I think founder should be left out altogether.[/QUOT

I'd probably agree.

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings about it. Most of the founders that I knew in game were courteous and respectful leaders who demonstrated how to play by exemplary conduct both in and out of the game. I knew of a few bad apples but the majority of those I knew were beyond reproach. I would love to have the gold coin but I think in reality I would feel like I did not deserve it. I think TLOPO should come up with something different, something new, something unique for those who are considered founders of the game (assuming they get any distinction at all).
I am already very happy with the red bandana with emblems and tassles. I'm good.

All The People Say Only Alpha Testers Should Get It What About The Dedicated Players Who Played Beta

I wouldn't worry about that just have a look at the poll above.
Congrats for touching the World Border by swimming alone!

Yes Ik And I Hope The Tlopo Staff Listen To It
And Thx I Would Have Gone Farther But I Could Find A Glitch Through The World Boarder

This is just my two cents. Now I am not saying everyone is like this, but now it seems that for a lot of people, they want the Founders title as an ego boost. Or to feel 'Exclusive'.

Founders in the world of potco had a bit more significance as being the ones who helped in initial testing and/or were among the earliest members during the launch phase (and a minority) they were the most experienced, it was something special to see.
Here, now, If all the testers (Which is all of us) were awarded with something like that, all the significance would be lost.

Now this is my suggestion for TLOPO; (Please feel free to disagree as I am obviously a little bit bias on this topic :p)
Founders were the founding pirates of Potco, simple as that. Why would we want to replicate and mass produce something like that? We now have an opportunity here to create something brand new to show significance to the players who put in effort, time and energy into this wonderful project.
I would propose a new name color and badge be implemented for Alpha Testers and Beta Testers respectively, something that shows who they are and what they've done. We could be as creative as we'd like with this! Something like a Bright Pink name with a whole new badge design ;D

The Founders (the ones from POTCO) are the only real founders. If we only give the Founders badge to the Founders in TOPLO, the significance of the coin will remain strong and if anything be more than it used back in potco .

I think we have a real opportunity here to give everyone recognition for their accomplishments and commitments here, but it won't feel the same if we just print out thousands of the same thing, ya know?

Back